Omaha Black and White Book Club discussion

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Introductions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Laura Hansen | 2 comments Hi Black and White! I'm in Bellevue, too, and would like to know more about the group. Loved Skloot's book, even though as a scientist I didn't expect to. I'm also an author. My first book Cruise of the Undead just came out this summer. Looking forward to hearing the Omaha book news.

Happy reading! Laura

message 2: by Marsha (new) - added it

Marsha (MarshaKJ) | 2 comments Mod
Hi Laura!
We're a really diverse group of members, and have read a variety of books. We alternate between fiction and non-fiction each month. Come on out to the next meeting on the 30th (even if you haven't read the book) and meet everyone!

Laura Hansen | 2 comments Thanks! I'll be there.

message 4: by April (new)

April | 2 comments Hi! I'm also in Bellevue. I'm so excited to find a local group!

message 5: by Marsha (new) - added it

Marsha (MarshaKJ) | 2 comments Mod
I'm glad you found us April! Please come out to our next discussion in November, even if you haven't read the book (My Lobotomy this month). The members that are there choose the book for the next month.

message 6: by April (last edited Oct 31, 2012 06:40PM) (new)

April | 2 comments Hi, Marsha! I just placed a hold for the book at the library. I will try to be there on the 25th but I'm not for sure yet. There are a dew things up in the air right now. I will really try to make it! Thank you!