Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3) Third Grave Dead Ahead discussion

Am I the only one....

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tsmith That randomly realizes Charlie and Reyes really don't know each other. Like I knew this but I get so wrapped up in Charlie's perspective that its only when she remembers I do.

Amber Who love this series especially because you havent been able to get into many scifi books in awhile?

Ur also not the only one who hates the new covers! Bring back the cheezy no-facers

Rhonda I absolutely LOVE this series. There 4th one is out now with a 5th on the way. Charley has become one of my most favorite people!

Viki Rhonda wrote: "I absolutely LOVE this series. There 4th one is out now with a 5th on the way. Charley has become one of my most favorite people!"

Me too but i was shocked it would have 6 book! I was so looking forward to "Reyes and Charlie forever" even their relationship became much cooler - Reyes was ok with hurting or maybe killing Charlie and her avoiding really boder me. But her humor!!!!!!! It s amazing! I love even a detective part of story witch i usually don t.

I just think that Reyes was much better in "you-hurt-her-i-kill-you" position because it was sexy and sweet when so dangerous and gorgeous guy protect her. He was just hiding, she was afraid of him ...

I hope Darynda fix it in next books.

message 5: by Pamela (last edited Nov 02, 2012 03:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pamela Amber wrote: "Who love this series especially because you havent been able to get into many scifi books in awhile?

Ur also not the only one who hates the new covers! Bring back the cheezy no-facers"

There are two book covers for this one. The one with no face is red, and looks great. Just depends on which book you've picked up.

Rhonda I think eventually things may workout. They definitely have a strong and magical tie. We've yet to see all of the powers that Charley hasn't discovered within herself. It's fear, stubborn and pride that has kept Reyes away from her.
He feels the only way he can truly keep her safe is by not being with her. Book four has just been released and there is book five on the way. Time will tell!

Amber So excited about this next book!

Talía Bella and Edward didn't know each other before deciding the were deeply in love,just like most of the YA couples, and people never complained about that... well, I think Reyes does know Charley for he has spent most of his life protecting her....and Charley, i guess she is intrigued by Reyes, she is curios and yet feels unsettled about him... To me they are an interesting pair.

Rhonda I finished book 4 and am ready for book 5! I wonder if I'll ever tire of Charley's wit and humor?

Jeanne Walz I feel Reyes definitely knows and loves Charley and is waiting for Charley to reciprocate. Charley is her own woman. I agree she doesn't open to most people she comes in contact with so to open to Reyes with feelings of love is going to very difficult. Unfortunately, I think Charley is going to be faced with the possibility of killing Reyes. Reyes told her when this happens she should not hesitate to take him out. I mean the fate of the world relies on Charley. Will she save us all? Reyes may be hot and sexy but you can't deny who he is. :( Don't want to say it but I think it may come to this.

Rhonda You just might be right. I think they are both going to die. They can live on in the immortal world. I don't know if anyone else read the prequel to these books called For I Have Sinned. Charley is dead in it...

message 12: by Kyra (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kyra Rhonda wrote: "You just might be right. I think they are both going to die. They can live on in the immortal world. I don't know if anyone else read the prequel to these books called For I Have Sinned. Charley is..."

Wait, I read that. She was dead in that? Didn't the nurses and the girl's parents talk to her?

Rhonda You're right. Lol I don't know where my brain is.

message 14: by Kimiko (new)

Kimiko Austin I find Charley more than a little distracting and irritating. She expects for the men in her life to trust her yet she does the same things that they do, by not really trusting them. I don't blame Reyes for not trusting her. I wouldn't trust a bitch that could and would bind me to my body on her ADD induced whims. Further more I just skip over all of the annoying sex scenes because frankly they are unnecessary.

message 15: by Jan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jan Walters Our romance writing group suggested reading this series. I usually don't care for books in the first-person, but I loved the series. I read all five books in two weeks. I liked the love scenes and hope the author continues writing them.