Making Connections discussion

Michelle Muckley
This topic is about Michelle Muckley
ARCHIVES > New and just saying hello

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Muckley | 18 comments Hi everybody,

I am Michelle, and I am fairly new to Goodreads. I joined a month or so ago after publishing my first book The Loss of Deference on Kindle. Until then it was just me, my computer, and a shelf full of books!

I like to read a lot, and my favourite genre is horror/thriller but I will read anything with a good story and good characters. I am also an active blogger, and like to use my blog to help other indie authors also get exposure and put up my reviews. Talking about myself all the time was starting to feel like therapy!

I'd love to hear from anybody in a similar position, with comments questions, or ideas that relate to my book or blog. Perhaps you are another author who would like to appear?

I am also editing book two, as of yet untitled. It will be out in a month or two depending on the editor. I would also like to do a blog tour at this point, so any offers would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Michelle

message 2: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14665 comments Mod
Hi Michelle just wanted to stop in and say welcome to the group and goodreads.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Muckley | 18 comments Thanks Tana, good to be here
Michelle

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Armstrong (deboraharmstrong) | 22 comments Hi Michelle - Welcome.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Muckley | 18 comments Thank you Deborah!

Michelle

message 6: by Prudence (new)

Prudence MacLeod (prudencemacleod) | 12 comments Hi Michelle, welcome to the group. Let me know what you have in mind for a blog tour. We could be able to work together on this.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Muckley | 18 comments Prudence wrote: "Hi Michelle, welcome to the group. Let me know what you have in mind for a blog tour. We could be able to work together on this."

Hi Prudence, thanks! I am at the editing stage with book 2 (untitled at the moment) but for it's release I would like to do a blog tour, and appear on other peoples blogs, either in the form of interview or guest post much like the current guest speakers on my blog (Check out back to school month for all of the writers who appear on my blog this month http://www.michellemuckley.blogspot.c... two weeks before and leading up to the release of the book. Probably in about 8 weeks time. The blog space could also certainly be repayed on my own. If you are interested in having me appear I would love to have your blog link to follow what you are up to.

Michelle

message 8: by Prudence (new)

Prudence MacLeod (prudencemacleod) | 12 comments Michelle, I'd be happy to have you guest post on my blog, (I get to review the post first) and would like to do the same on yours. (same deal, you get to review first) I can work in a giveaway to go along with your post too if you'd like. Here's my link.
http://www.prudencemacleod.com/

message 9: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Palm | 11 comments Hello Michelle:)
I am a new author too! Would you like to exchange author interviews on each others blog? That would be fun:)

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Muckley | 18 comments Hi Prudence and Nicole!
That sounds brilliant. I am burried under the weight of the edit at the moment, but if you can give me a couple of weeks, then I can certainly get back to you, and we can organise something.

Michelle

message 11: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Beard (jabeard) | 145 comments Welcome.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Muckley | 18 comments Thank you!

message 13: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Palm | 11 comments That would b awesome I look forward to it:)

message 14: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Hey Michelle, welcome to Goodreads! I am a fellow author who blogs and has a website and I'm always looking for new innovative ideas and ways to promote and looking for new people to interact with and maybe even help out. I am the author of a horror book that I am constantly promoting and I feel you about talking about yourself it gets a bit redundant at times and you wanna change it up lol.
I would be more than happy to feature a link to your blog on the sidebar of my website and maybe we can help each other out if your interested?

Let me know,
Justin

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Muckley | 18 comments Justin wrote: "Hey Michelle, welcome to Goodreads! I am a fellow author who blogs and has a website and I'm always looking for new innovative ideas and ways to promote and looking for new people to interact with ..."

Hi, yeah. Give me your link and I'll have a look at your blog. I am on www.michellemuckley.com