Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > I'm developing a web app for Kindles

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Adams | 3 comments I got tired of not using my Kindle as much as I'd like because of the cost of ebooks and also didn't like reading my favorite blogs off of computer monitors. Being a programmer, I set off to build something that would solve those problems. I told a couple of my friends with Kindles about the project and they thought it was a great idea and would like to use it when it's finished. That's when I started making it a web app instead of it just existing on my own computer so i could share it with others. It's not finished quite yet(will be soon) but i figured i could start an email list to let people know when it's ready if there's any interest.

The link to be notified when SindleApp is ready.

Summary: Turn your favorite websites/blogs into Kindle subscriptions

message 2: by David (new)

David Adams | 3 comments i also JUST set up a twitter account, if you'd rather be notified by twitter. SindleApp on twitter

message 3: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Will this app work with sites like Google+? Or just things that provide an RSS feed?

Anyway good luck.

message 4: by David (new)

David Adams | 3 comments hi Betsy,

Fortunately, there are services that can create rss feeds for other websites. I would like to integrate those services into SindleApp for that very purpose. So to answer your question, i believe that is something i can build in. Thanks so much!

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 72 comments It's probably not for me, but it sounds very clever - good luck with it!