Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Romance in Our Lives > Breast Cancer and HEA - interview for a blog

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 2010 comments Hello, everyone who loves their Happily Ever Afters! I'm planning on doing a blog post for the USA Today Happily Ever After blog for Breast Cancer Awareness month, and I need input from romance readers and writers.

I'm looking for folks whose lives have been touched by breast cancer - whether you, a family member, a friend - and how romance novels helped you get through it at all or how it affected things afterward. For example, I included a character in a story who is done with her treatment, just so other characters could comment, like everyone did with me, on how fast her hair was growing.

Please let me know if you have a story to tell, either by commenting here or sending me a message. Much appreciated!

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I don't have a story but thanks for posting about something so important!

message 3: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Yes, Abigail, thanks.

message 4: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 2010 comments Thank YOU. It might be a good topic but no one's spoken up here. I do have other sources, though, so all is not lost!

Actually, I'm glad no one has spoken up. Maybe it means they don't have a story to tell. :)

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I know there are stories but as I said, I, thankfully, don't have one. Glad you got other sources.

message 6: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 128 comments My cousin had breast cancer they had to cut off one her breasts.When my mom told me i couldn't believe it. Thank god that she's ok now.

message 7: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 2010 comments Ooh, Joeera, Healing thoughts to your cousin.

message 8: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 128 comments Thanks Abigail i just talked to her yestarday she lives in Pakistan. She's doing fine.I will be going in January for About 3 and half months so i will be able to spend time with her.

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments That will be nice for her...and you!

message 10: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 128 comments Yeah This is the first real vacation i have had in a while so i am looking forward to it.Need to relax big time

message 11: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 2010 comments Sounds nice. And I bet your cousin will be happy to see you.