Goodreads Ireland discussion

Introductions > Introduction - Annie

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Nikkanen Well hello everyone. My name is Annie and I am Canadian. I am an Office Manager at my husband's Chiropratic clinic. My interest in all things Irish boards on the obsessive. I even have a degree in Celtic Studies...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group, Annie.

It's pretty cool that you have a degree in Celtic studies. It'll help with a lot of future discussions. Sometimes people ask about stuff that's a little obscure for me. Someone who's well-studied in the are will be a great help.

Anyhow, I hope you have a good time with us.

Declan. :)

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Nikkanen I'll do my best to help with discussions. It's been awhile since university days, but some things are still in the brain.

message 4: by I-like-to-read (last edited Sep 13, 2012 02:47AM) (new)

I-like-to-read (akakate) Hi Annie

Welcome to the group.

Kate :-)

message 5: by Ken (new)

Ken Magee Hi Annie, Welcome to Ireland! I'm new here too (the group not Ireland) so it's nice to bump into other newbies. Ken.

message 6: by Roberta (new)

Roberta | 78 comments Welcome Annie

Nice to see another Canuck here. My degree is in English literature (cue English major skit from Monty Python) and I took two courses in Irish literature. Loved them.

Maybe we can suggest some works by Irish imports like Brian Moore.

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne Nikkanen Have to say, not heard of Brian Moore. List some books and I'll add them to my list.

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne Nikkanen Apparently, I'm wrong. Just checked him out and I have read The Statement.

message 9: by Roberta (new)

Roberta | 78 comments Onee that stood out for me was The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne. It had the same sort of wistful sad tone for me as some of the stories in Dubliners.

message 10: by I-like-to-read (new)

I-like-to-read (akakate) I would highly recommend The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne sad in places and funny in others. A very good read.