Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Morningside
This topic is about Morningside
Questions > Temporary Separate?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caro (new) - added it

Caro | 177 comments The author is wanting to temporarily separate these books, so that the newer edition would become the primary (be popular), then re-combine them. She's wanting the newer edition cover to be the one that shows up on her profile. I don't know if that's something that should/could be done. A little advice/assistance would be helpful.

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments No, it doesn't work like that. There's no way to force a particular edition to be primary; for now she's just going to have to wait until more readers shelve the new edition.

message 3: by Banjomike (last edited Sep 12, 2012 11:38AM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments The "popular" edition is the one that has been shelved most often. I'm not sure that separating them would have any effect on that process. Separating them would get BOTH covers on her page.

And havine the default blurb refer to the new edition probably contravenes something as well.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/79...

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments it does, I have reverted to the other description

message 5: by Caro (new) - added it

Caro | 177 comments ok, thanks. I wasn't quite sure and it's great to have more info.