Skulduggery Pleasant discussion

Miscellaneous > A question...

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D (new)

D Just wanted to know something. Is the Skulduggery Pleasant series a worldwide bestseller like the Harry Potter series? Yes, I know, it is a stupid question, but it has been troubling me for sometime now.
Thanks!

message 2: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (jasminethetallirishflower) | 123 comments No. I'm afraid it’s not a global-bestseller. I don’t know why it's not because the series is awsome.

But it is HUGE - as in MASSIVE! - in Ireland, UK, Germany, Spain, Australia and New Zealand.

message 3: by D (new)

D You're right. The series is totally awesome! Nice to hear that it is popular in those countries! It isn't very popular in the UAE or in India.
Thanks a lot, by the way!

message 4: by Niel (new)

Niel | 319 comments Yeah I am disappointed that it is not super popular in the U.S. since there is no one I can discuss the series with

message 5: by Rynn (new)

Rynn (megatorchic) | 4 comments I only heard of the series through California Young Readers and anyone I've met in person is the same. I wish it would be just as popular as in the UK

message 6: by Ela (new)

Ela | 346 comments I always got the impression that it was more popular in the UK than in the US

message 7: by Niel (new)

Niel | 319 comments Ela wrote: "I always got the impression that it was more popular in the UK than in the US"

It is way more popular in the UK and Australia than the US

message 8: by Ela (new)

Ela | 346 comments Sad :( Especially when there are so many popular series that are no where near as good.

message 9: by Niel (new)

Niel | 319 comments Exactly! I can think of many series that are not any near as good and are much more popular

message 10: by Ela (last edited Apr 08, 2013 11:21AM) (new)

Ela | 346 comments I know its so frustrating! Everyone just goes for what everyone else is reading. And while I probably do that occasionally it's still really annoying!

message 11: by Arrow (new)

Arrow | 10 comments Here in Australia we <3 him!

message 12: by Ela (new)

Ela | 346 comments At least somewhere has got it right :D

message 13: by Niel (new)

Niel | 319 comments Ela wrote: "At least somewhere has got it right :D"

Yeah, I try to get people to read it and I think this summer I am going to read it to my girlfriend when she gets back from college.

message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna | 8 comments Go Daniel! I wonder if it's the humour or whether it's just to do with the way books are promoted.

message 15: by Niel (new)

Niel | 319 comments Anna wrote: "Go Daniel! I wonder if it's the humour or whether it's just to do with the way books are promoted."

Yeah have to make some people read it so I can do my good deed for the year

message 16: by Ela (new)

Ela | 346 comments Definitely Daniel, I think we should set up an outreach programme ;D

message 17: by Niel (new)

Niel | 319 comments Ela wrote: "Definitely Daniel, I think we should set up an outreach programme ;D"

Yes save people from bad books everywhere

message 18: by Ela (new)

Ela | 346 comments I think the success of 50 shades of grey has proved that its necessary.

message 19: by Nadi Pew (new)

Nadi Pew (nadipew) | 140 comments Hey, ive been having this one questions thats been bothering me a lot lately and ive been trying to find a place to ask this so im here to ask....

Is it possible if when Valkyrie is like going through different realities and she takes Fletcher with her, then can he teleport through realities later?

message 20: by Ela (new)

Ela | 346 comments I'd say probably no. I'm not sure, but it seems like that would be a much more advanced skill set, would be cool if Fletcher could get an upgrade though!

message 21: by Nadi Pew (new)

Nadi Pew (nadipew) | 140 comments It could be possible for Fletcher to travel to different realities if he trains a lot