TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

~*~ Candy Corner ~*~ > A Series of Letters for Mrs. Meyer ~ From all the Twilight Haters

Comments Showing 1-50 of 275 (275 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Jamine Isabel E. Uy (candy-rain) | 3069 comments Mod
Show your creativity here everyone! Write a letter to SM the same way I have in Yahoo! Answers!

Take note that I haven't exactly sent this to her. I just used a letter format to answer a twitard's question.

Have fun and SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY!

message 2: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Dear Stephenie Meyer,

I would just like to answer your question: "Why do you hate my book? It's like, the best thing since sliced cheese, and like, it's just cool!"

Well... let me put it this way.

You are the kind of author that doesn't get better the more she writes. Apparently, I found the 1st book the best out of your saga and the 4th as the worst.

I think you also wrote to me in your letter, "then if you hate it, like, why buy it?! or better yet, why read it?!"

Because Mrs. Meyer, unlike you- I would like to read the book first before giving out my opinion.

I used to be one of your biggest fans, unfortunately someone I know and your final installment in the twilight saga opened my eyes.

Your story is absolutely cliche and feeds the sexual fantasies of teenage girls, and BOYS alike.

You apparently have no access to a good editor and a thesaurus- which one of my friends told me that you might have mistaken it for a dinosaur. Why? "Oh Edward my beloved spakly under the sun cold marble statue of Adonis! You have the most velvetty voice when you murmur and murmur and murmur!"

Does that ring any bells?

Because if it does, I'm sure it would have deafen you by the number of bells ringing so loudly.

You have also ruined the image of vampires that I believe the Vampiric council have sent you a letter regarding your... er... 'imagination'.

http://community.livejournal.com/i_ha...

Even the great author Stephen King has commented upon your 'undeniable talent' to create a fanfiction out of your dream.

You said that twilight was based on your dream...

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/200...

Does that mean even the paedophilia came from your little mind escapades? If so... I suggest you see a psychiatrist.

If you still haven't figured out which characters showed such delinquence that would be Quill and Claire, and Jacob and the new born Renesmee.

A note following the conversation about Renesmee- we are all aware of the saying 'time flies by' but the growth of Renesmee is just ridiculous!

I know that it is your book and your characters, and that you can make anything when you want, and how you want it. But do take note Mrs. Meyer that you are dealing with the classic and timeless creature of the night; the vampires.

I think the Vampire Council has pointed out most of the faults I found in your book.

Oh... by the way. I don't think Bella is a great protagonist.

The first one, she was completely heartless towards her OWN father.

Calling him Charlie instead of DAD? Is that what you propose children to do? Lose their respect towards their parents?

And when you made DEADward make Bella choose between him and Charlie? That's just sick. How could she be so heartless by saying harsh things to him?!

Family should stick together. I won't leave my family just because of a guy! How could she choose someone she met for less than a year, and have 'completely' fallen in love with one another for only a few minutes worth of being together, over her OWN FATHER?!

Bella was tolerable on the first, but she became a complete whiny Biatch, take note of the capital B, on the second and the third!

How could she be so heartless to Jacob!? After all he's done for her!

That character doesn't deserve Bella! The moment Deadward comes to the picture, she instantly leaves him- heartbroken.

Then she makes him wanting more in the third!?

Then you make him fall in love with a new born!?

You sure have the greatest protagonist that even your fans envy and want to become.

Let's go to Edward Cullen.

The perfect boyfriend... NOT!

Sure he's a gentleman, if you ignore his stalking tendencies, his very scary glare, and his abusive- but more likely mistaken as the sweet overprotectiveness of someone you love.

The Volturi...

I was waiting for the start of OWWIII. Don't know what that means?

It stands for, Other Worlds War III since we're dealing with Vampires who **SPARKLE** under the sun.

I know you have the power to do whatever you want with your book and your vampires, but sparkling is pretty much unexplained and unnecessary- just like what the V. Council have said in the letter.

My explanation, was that your vampires were not only humans, but were part discoballs.

What I hate about Twilight the most is your mindless horde of fangirls.

Most of them think that once they have read Twilight, they have read the best literature- which I can guarantee they haven't, are now book worms- because your book is so easy to read, and they are the coolest and the only people who can create their little obsessive sites.

I moderate a Twilight Haters Group, and we get your twitards attacking our site. Their reason? because they said "WHY DO YOU HATE TWILIGHT!? IT'S LIKE THE COOLEST BOOK IN THE WORLD! You hate twilight so you suck! You don't know good books! You should lower your expectations!

Take note that I am not exaggerating! This has really happened.

And to be honest, the next words came out in a blur of blah blah blah!

Even RPatz and K.Stewart hate their characters.

Good luck finding a replacement! I heard RPatz is going to quit because they treat him like dirt and he doesn't enjoy the scary screams of his fans!

Seriously... I would be creeped out to by how teenagers react to your book and actors.

As much as I would love to go on, I don't think I could talk about twilight anymore... I feel sick all of a sudden.

If you have any more cases to argue, please don't hesitate to contact me or the Vampire council.

I hope you get to meet Stephen King soon too!

Yours truely,

Candy-Rain

message 3: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Actually, the last few sentences were a remake. YAnswers erased some part of it so I have to try and remember what was erased.

message 4: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol, i luved ur letter!

@_@

message 5: by ♫ Tina ♫ (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 192 comments Great letter!

message 6: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

^-^ Thanks everyone! I'd be adding some more!

I think I'm gonna make a letter of the psychiatrist when SM decided to check her mind.

message 7: by ♫ Tina ♫ (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 192 comments That will be funny!

message 8: by Jazz (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:22AM) (new)

Jazz (Allthatjazz1901) Dear SM,

Since you are apparently asking "Why do you hate my book?" I'll answer.

BECAUSE IT'S PATHETIC.

Do you know that you destroyed the meaning of "night creatures" aka "VAMPIRES"?????? I mean, please.

Sparklie Vampires?

Come on.

You have to do better then that. When did you write this? Third grade? Or was it first?

The world is not perfect, no matter how much you dream about it, it'll never be perfect. So Bella's little "sancuary" thing? Yeah, never gonna happen.

The world is a cruel place.

And I'm not saying that just to piss you off, it's true. And no, I'm not emo. I just tell it like it is.

Unlike you and your book.

You're all proud that your book is probably one of the most popular, but sorry to burst your bubble.

I'm a pretty convincing person.

And I change people's minds pretty quickly.

Very Quickly

There needs to be reasoning behind your story, and there is none. Your editing is terrible, you repeat the same words about every five seconds. And Breaking Dawn? The ending? WHT THE HELL???

"We will fight to the death!" Edward murmur-shouted as he ran up to kiss me with his perfect lips, his skin all shiny and... wait for it...

Sparklie.

DO YOU NOT SEE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT??? AT ALL???

You're probably asking yourself, "if this person's really a twi-hater, then why did they read all the books?"

Simple.

I wanted to see if your series would get any better.

BUT

They didn't. Sorry.

And I know in this letter, I have terrible spelling and grammar. But you see, I don't have an editor.

Unlike you who does.

When critics write on books, "You can see twilight in this book!" I smirk and begin to read it.

Not because I like twilight. But because I can see if the book is really as pathetic as Twilight.

Someimes it is, and sometimes, the critic has no friggen clue what he's talking about.

Like you do in some ways.

I would explain the rest of my opinion why I despize your book, but I bet you don't have the time or thought to care to read.

I know it's just a book.

Do you?

~Jes - Twi-hater

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicapineda) Stephenie Meyer

Mr. King has already stepped forward to shove his comment up your ass (as I prefer to place it). So I think it's about time some less famous and more outraged intellectuals stand up against your mediocrity too.

"Why did you read my book if you hate it then?" you might ask. Well, how can we point out what's wrong with your books if we don't read them first?

Now if you want to know about what the hell is wrong with your books (aside from the fact that they exist), just search through anti-twilight groups and movements.

What I simply want to say is that you are a complete fraud. A sell-out. This is not literature, this is wishful fantasy. Your fantasy that you spread throughout hopeful teens and desperate housewives. This caused them to go curl up and read while envisioning themselves as your flat protagonists with their creepy manic-depressive, obsessive-compulsive, SPARKLY vampire boyfriend who watches them sleep. For your own selfish sake you degraded the standards of contemporary literature, vampire folklore and romance genre.

Please. Stop raking in millions while preying on the naive minds of desperate women. Be thankful there are a handful of us here who still stand firm on the grounds of good literature against your wave of imbecility.

Kit.

P.S. For the sake of my pleasure: YES WOMAN, TWILIGHT SUCKS.

message 10: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Would anyone go against the fact that I might put up an interview with SM in THE RAIN SHOW comic?

Would anyone here like me to make one?

message 11: by A.R. (new)

A.R. (arbraun) | 29 comments Cheers, Kit!

message 12: by Chandani , The TAC Prez one (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 1475 comments Mod
roflosity

message 13: by Giggles (new)

Giggles i'm too lasy and tired to typ the letter right now i'll do it later some time

message 14: by A.R. (new)

A.R. (arbraun) | 29 comments Dear Ms. Meyer,

You are an insult to the genre, making vampires nonthreatening and bringing pretty-boy posers into the mix to make us puke. Please quit writing and go to work for a male modeling agency.

Not yours,
Alan

message 15: by Giggles (new)

Giggles Alan wrote: "Dear Ms. Meyer,

You are an insult to the genre, making vampires nonthreatening and bringing pretty-boy posers into the mix to make us puke. Please quit writing and go to work for a male modeling a..."

awosome letter

message 16: by Madysen (new)

Madysen (Vaiyala) | 142 comments Dear Ms. Meyer,

I'm far too lazy to dedicate my time to this but here, read the review I wrote when I was interested: http://reyesreviews.webs.com/apps/blo...

And in case you didn't catch the hint in that letter, your terrible excuses for novels aren't worth the time I could be using to do things far more rewarding. =D

Enjoy your fifteen minutes of fame while Twilight's still a fad!

Sincerely,

Mady

message 17: by Giggles (new)

Giggles totally agree

message 18: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol, thats a great review!

@_@

message 19: by Giggles (new)

Giggles loveeeee it

message 20: by ~ EpicFroggy ~ *Loves Tweedle-Dee!* (last edited Apr 13, 2009 06:57AM) (new)

~ EpicFroggy ~ *Loves Tweedle-Dee!* (bengali208) | 160 comments Dear Stephanie Meyer,

Are you completely insane?!?!?!?!!? Why would you write something like that? That, that sorry excuse for a fantasy novel. One that says it's OK to fall in love with a sparkly blood sucking vampire, or that says it's OK to want to live the rest of your life drinking the blood of animals and sparkling so that you can be with your psycho-stalker boyfriend. I can't believe that you could possibly write something like that and expect people to think of miss I'm-in-love-and-I-don't-have-a-brain as a role model. I've seen 7 year olds reading your junk....... That's scary!! Why would you allow the movie peoples to ruin your book even more by putting a sex scene in it?? After seeing the movie, I wouldn't pay five cents to see it again. I hope you never read this, because I'm not usually so harsh, and I have a feeling you would sue me if you read this....... Not to mention I'd get attacked by a bunch of furious Dead-ward crazy fangirls....... Eh, well, at least I feel better.....

Yours truly,
Amy Jo, the girl who will, eventually, reveal your plot to take over the world with sparkly vampires! Sorry, I got... carried away, yea, let's go with that.....

message 21: by Giggles (new)

Giggles hhahahahahahahahahahahaha amazing letter brava

~ EpicFroggy ~ *Loves Tweedle-Dee!* (bengali208) | 160 comments Thanks! **blushes** I try..... I wouldn't normally be that harsh, I was just venting.... Not that everything I said isn't true, I just wouldn't say it out loud.....

message 23: by Giggles (new)

Giggles well you did an amzing job trying tot express your opinions loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it

message 24: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 316 comments Dear Stephanie Meyer,

So, it seems the question is why I hate your books. I'm going to tell it like it is: Your writing sucks. Ever heard of a theserus? You could use one. I know, I know, you're probably going to throw this letter to the dogs when it's done, but read the whole thing first

Your characters are either downright unusual or Mary sues and Gary Stus. And most of time their pretty flat too. We know Edward's perfect, Bella's clutzy, Jacob's nice, and the vampires are unaturally cool. But you could use more words then perfect, dazzling, clumsy, and sparkly.

Speaking of sparkles what the heck were you thinking? Vampires don't sparkle. Ever. It's just wrong. And that scene in New Moon (at least the movie) where Edward takes his shirt off to shine a light by sparkling, it almost made me throw up when my friend told me about it (I didn't go see the movie).

Third, I don't like your fourth book. I know so many Christian girls that read your fourth book unsuspectingly and I was shocked when I heard what was going on. That is sick. And you should change Renessme's name. It's hard to say, spell and live with.

Your werewolves (excuse me, shapeshifters) made me roll my eyes and never want to pick up another vampire book again. Were you looking for another five minutes of fame or something? I just think you could have left them out. I won't deny jacob is your best character, but it just took the story too over the top.

Well, I hope I just made you mad. That was my mission.

Randi
Founder and member of Team Frodo.

message 25: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) I hate Team Frodo...

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (canttaketheawesomeness) | 756 comments Dear Miss Stephenie Meyer, (Since I'm guessing that no guy wants to marry you, seeing as you're...well..you get my point)

You've probably gotten thousands of letters like this. "Twilight sucks, why did you write this," blah blah blah. Your incredibly high, off-the-chart self-esteem must've taken a bad hit.

Question: Why do I say that you have off-the-chart self-esteem?
Answer: Because you actually had the nerve and confidence to write crap like Twilight.

I used to be one of your "Twi-tards" but luckily, the blindfolds around my eyes fell away a few months ago.

Sparkly vampires? Really? Oh yeah, and Dracula called. He wants his scary reputation back, you retard. Even the "Sesame Street" vampire is more respectable than your freaky, sparkly, angsty, emo-gothic creeper-stalker vampire, Edward.

Seriously? He has the worst logic ever. "Okay, I'll leave and make sure it was like I never existed, and in return, you'll stay safe for me." WTF?! That's like saying, "Here, if you give me $50, I'll punch you." That's CRAP logic.

And then there's Bella: What are the results of the analyzation of her character from me?

Bella is a whiny, disobedient, disrespectful, stupid, unrealistic braggart that smells good and falls down a lot.

Is that the kind of image and role model you want to create for your brain-washed and/or brain-dead readers?!

The answer is a loud, repeated NO that echoes through your empty skull!

What was the idea, writing Twilight anyway? Fantasy? Oh yeah, I'd totally love to be the Bella described above, and have an angsty, emo dude that SPARKLES. What, are you going to give them wings in the epilogue? You might as well - Pixies/fairies are never complete without them.

ESPECIALLY BLOOD-SUCKING ONES!

Okay, I'm not going to rant anymore, I'll continue it later, because I'm worried I'll start getting...well, violent and rant-y.

Not one of your Twi-tards,
Olivia

message 27: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Don't forget a disgrace to feminism! Number one reason why I hate it!

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (canttaketheawesomeness) | 756 comments OMG, you're right! ^^

message 29: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 316 comments STOP HATING ON FRODO!!!!!! And yes she is a disgrace to feminism. I like your letter Olivia. I'm going to make a second letter in just a sec.

message 30: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) I'll hate on Frodo anytime I like. I'm Team Cormac.

message 31: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 316 comments Dear Miss Meyers ( I hope you're not married. If you are, I hope he doesn't sparkle)

This is a follow up to my first letter because my bad feeling couldn't be expressed in just one. In this letter, I hope you get something.

I know you probably had a big say in the actor portrayal in the movies, but even someone as brainless as you could have done better. Robert Pattinson? Cedric Diggory? You would go so far as to mix some of the best modern literature's movie stars into your worthless crap. I am stunned even you would do this.
Kirsten Stewert. Catch that Kid. That's it? Even though you don't need someone that talented to play Bella, you could have picked, oh I don't know, someone else anyway. I see only one thing good about her: she's playing Joan Jett in the Runaways movie. I am a feminist and a girl music rockerr and I beleive the Runaways should hold a place in rock and roll history, so this will make them popular possibly. But that's the only good thing about it.
Taylor Lautner. Was he selected just to draw pubescent girls to your movies?? I mean, I know werewolves are supposed to hot and everything, but geez, you made the kid work out for like ninety minutes a day.

Those are my comments on the movies. But I will be back for more reality checks in the future. I mean it.

Randi
Founder and Member of Team Frodo

message 32: by Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (last edited Jan 09, 2010 02:59PM) (new)

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (canttaketheawesomeness) | 756 comments Guitar Chick wrote: "STOP HATING ON FRODO!!!!!! And yes she is a disgrace to feminism. I like your letter Olivia. I'm going to make a second letter in just a sec."

xD Thx! Lolz, you used the same "Miss" greeting as I did. ^^

In Continuation to my Ranting Letter:

Dear Miss Meyers:

I am continuing the previous letter I sent to you a few days ago. This time, I will speak about Renesmee, and other disgusting topics that you brought up in your book, if you get my pun. (Throwing up, brought up...? Never mind. You're too dumb to get it.)

Anyways, why did you create Renesmee? I see. That's the image you want to create for your followers:

Get married to a creepy, emo, angsty stalker dude that likes body glitter, and have a child at 18, and never go to college, because you're too busy with your "gorgeous" boyfriend.

Then you get a child that loves body glitter, likes biting people, and that children are easy to take care of and that you will have to defend your baby from a bunch of people who hate BODY GLITTER!

Grawr! Renesmee is ridiculous. Are you serious? Were you high when you wrote this book?! A freakin' vampire baby with that name?! You could've named her, oh, I don't know, something normal, like, oh, I don't know, Aleejay! And even that name is more normal that freakin' Renesmee!

You should've considered what Breaking Dawn would look like in the movies before you decided to make Twilight. So I guess you're going to make a bloody birth scene, just for your 8 and over readers. Isn't that nice! >.< (I was being sarcastic. If you couldn't tell...well, that goes to show your intelligence)

Twilight Moms - The reason divorce exists.

YOU ARE RUINING WOMEN'S LIVES BY CREATING THIS! EVERY TIME SOMEONE SEES THE BOOK, THEY THROW UP, IT'S SO BAD!!

You're going to make the world bulimic, and if everyone is throwing up left and right and up and down and sideways and bowlways, the air will become acidic, and then water will be polluted and then grass will die and then cows will die, and we won't have milk for cookies!!!!!!

DO YOU WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WITHOUT COOKIES?!

(Disclaimer: Taken in part from Nigahiga, Youtube. About the cookies. I created the part about "everyone is throwing up left and right and up and down and sideways and bowlways, the air will become acidic, and then water will be polluted"))

That's right! You don't to live in a world without cookies, because then children would be unhappy and throw tantrums, and parents will be angry, and then they will stop going to stores for their children, and then the economy will crash!!

Was that your aim this whole time? To take over the U.S. economy?!! Well, too bad, because I have discovered your plot, and I will plan your DOWNFALL!!

mWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!

You are retardedly idiotic,
Olivia
Twilight Hater
Founder and CEO of the Awesome People

message 33: by Simona-- (last edited Jan 15, 2010 02:43PM) (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (CompletelyInsane) | 806 comments Stephanie Meyer is actually married.
Once I dropped the book by, uh, accident, and it opened to the acknowledgements page that was dedicated to her husband, Pancho Meyer.

I actually "dropped" it when I *gasps for air* LIKED Twilight *winces*, but I think it was my subconscious screaming "No one gets hurt if you drop th- OMFG, IS HE SPARKLING?! DROP THE BOOK! DROP. IT. NOW!"

message 34: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Why do people who are stupid allowed to breed?

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (canttaketheawesomeness) | 756 comments I have no idea. Someone should stop her before she, uh, *matescough* with uh, Pancho.

PANCHO, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! DIVORCE HER NOW!!

Well, unless you want to wait for her to make a lot of money and then split it...

Good idea!

message 36: by Simona-- (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (CompletelyInsane) | 806 comments I don't know. We should probably pass a law of some sort.

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (canttaketheawesomeness) | 756 comments Perhaps. ^^

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (canttaketheawesomeness) | 756 comments CRAP!!

Dang it! NOOOOOOO!!

I feel sorry for her children.

message 39: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Shame...

message 40: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 316 comments Me too. AHH MY SISTER IS GOING AROUND SAYING TEAM EDWARD!

message 41: by Demon (new)

Demon | 96 comments I don't see what's the big deal with the name Renesmee..
Honestly it is just a name so calm down..

message 42: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) I happen to like that name. And several others in that book. However, they'll never be the same now.

message 43: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Yeah. o_O

I actually like the name Bella/Isabella (NOT because of a certain "vampire" series), but now I can NEVER use it EVER AGAIN in any of my stories- people will automatically think of Bella Swan.

*headdesk*

message 44: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 316 comments I know, right? Renesmee just ticks me off for no reason at all. Amen Rose.

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (canttaketheawesomeness) | 756 comments OMG, I used to LOVE the name Rosalie and Leah, but now I can't use it in my stories without people thinking of Twilight... !!

GRAWR

message 46: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments It ruined good names, I'm so happy she didn't use mine.

message 47: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 316 comments Yeah. My real one is Miranda and I'm so glad she didn't use that. Then people would make jokes and I would go insane.

message 48: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Well, my name's ruined. It's pretty self explanatory. *points to name*

message 49: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Lucky you...

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (canttaketheawesomeness) | 756 comments Everyone associates my name with:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Olivia the Pig (Grawr)
Olivia Wilde (ew)
Olivia Dunham in Fringe

UGH!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6