Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Katherine Howe - duplicates or different authors

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachel_eb) | 8 comments Hi,
[New librarian question]
I cannot understand whether the following 3 authors are the same person or not. A more experienced librariean in need to help :)
"Katherine Howe"
"Katherine Howe"
"Katherine S. Howe"

message 2: by Cait (last edited Sep 12, 2012 07:01AM) (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments It looks like they are not the same person -- looks like a novelist, a misc set of books, and an art historian. (Some of the misc might be the art historian? I'll check on that, actually.) Huh. It looks like the novelist may be the art historian? Okay, I'll keep looking! -- Okay! Third edit. Nope, they're different (but may be related?). The novelist's middle initial is B., although she doesn't use it, and the art historian is currently employed in a museum in Houston.

However, the one-space and two-space Katherine Howes did not get the correct disambiguation notice placed on their bios. I'll add that now. We don't put a disambig note on authors for middle initials because the middle initial should be significant on its own.

(FYI, there's a handy librarian doc with standard text strings like the disambig message in it! It's probably linked in a sticky post somewhere around here but I thought I'd mention it again since you're new and looking into these questions. :) )

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachel_eb) | 8 comments Thanks Cait!