Tierra Encantada Charter School discussion

The Great Gatsby
This topic is about The Great Gatsby
Engl. IV > Nick

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tierra Encantada | 76 comments Mod
Has Nick been affected by the meeting between Gatsby and Daisy? In what way?

Josh Smith | 18 comments Yes nick has been affected by their meeting. Nick now feels sympathetic and sees Gatsby's and Daisy's love

message 3: by Lyon (new)

Lyon Rivera | 16 comments Yes Nick is affected by their meeting. Gatsby never stopped loving Daisy and he wasn't sure if she felt the same way. Nick was impressed by the change in Gatsby after the meeting with Daisy. "But there was a change in Gatsby that was simply confounding."

message 4: by Jesus (new)

Jesus | 21 comments In a way Nick was 1st affected when Daisy first arrived. The reason is that there was some kind of confusion with Daisy who thought Nick loved her, and that's why he asked her to come alone (PG 85). when they where in Gatsby's house Nick felt as if he where being watched. "I felt that there were guest concealed behind every couch and table." in the end of the chapter in pg 96 it says that both Daisy and Gatsby have forgot him.

message 5: by Mayra (new)

Mayra | 21 comments I do bealive that nick was affected by Gatsby and Daisy's meeting, because Nick still bealives thay Gastby is in love with Daisy. and Nick sees a great change in Gatsbys Way of being.

message 6: by Valeria (new) - added it

Valeria Ferrer | 9 comments Nick was affected, Daisy thought Nick was in love with her and she told him "are you in love with me" "or why did I have to come along?" (pg 85) Then when she went inside the house she saw Gatsby and they shared a couple of words. Gatsby told Nick "this is a terrible terrible mistake" and Nick said "your just embarrased, that's all," and added "Daisy's embarrased too" (pg 87) which shows that Gatsby never stopped loving Daisy. Then Nick realized there was a big change in Gatsby after meeting Daisy. Nick probably felt left out.

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 18 comments He felt confused overwhelmed, and annoyed. The fact that daisy thought he was in love with her. "are you in love with me" (pg 85) when they walk in gatsby is gone. And finally the way gatsby reacts when daisy arrives " your acting like a little boy" (pg 88)

message 8: by Drew (new) - rated it 1 star

Drew | 19 comments Has Nick been affected by the meeting between Gatsby and Daisy? In what way?-yes he has in the ways of seeing a change in Gatsby before he was shy and nervous acting like a little boy.as nick comes back from the kitchen there was a change in Gatsby that was simply confounding ."pg 89 He literally glowed; without a word or gesture of exultation a new well-being radiated from him and filled the little room". as he was leaving though it seemed as if Gatsby paid no attention to him after he got what he wanted and nick just left them to be together