Diverge into Divergent discussion

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
This topic is about Divergent
Book Discussions > what did you think of Divergent?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Graham Haehnle  | 42 comments Mod
incredable

message 2: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sierra~Kelley | 99 comments Mod
Stupendous,amazing,awesome,FANTABULOUS,work OF PERFECTION..............................................................................................

These words do not cover the mega-awesomeness that's Divergent:P

Tanvira (tanvira12) | 4 comments So amazing that I can't think of a word to describe it. And even if I could, it would be a huge understatement. Loved it!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

..... I thought it was a nice book but the story lacked stability, moved to fast, and left a lot of questions unanswered

1) why don't the factionless rebel, there's a lot more of them
2) who makes the food, and the clothes, and everything
3) why would anyone create boundries between people, to STOP segregation?

just wondering, overall it was enjoyable but I didn't feel any connection to the characters on a personal level.

BvbArmette  (Demi-GodGirl1356) i dunno.... lol!

BvbArmette  (Demi-GodGirl1356) the book was better than THG to me and HP... they should make a movieeee!

Nasra: i understand your points and would like to here more. i shall start a debate and we can come to a cunclusion on it or finde a mutual agrement.

Amanda: i am sorry but "shame on thee" for setting any novil above HP ((i'm a bit of a freek)) they are making it a move, fact. auditions were held in Chicago last month and filming should start around mid to late 2013.

message 8: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new) - rated it 5 stars

@Nasra The factionless,though there were more of them they couldn't have begun a war.All they could do was plot.They didn't have the weapons or the knowledge,like that of the Erudite which in my opinion possessed the most deadliest weapon of all:Information.And (view spoiler)

The food and clothes-they were contributed by the Abnegation in their selfless acts.

And they were preventing the society from being dragged into war by creating divisions.the world out there,was in rubble,and they wanted to begin anew and in order to prevent history from repeating itself they decided to begin with a new approach for a better society.

This is what I made of it at least:)
And yes,I agree that I wasn;t connected with the characters on a personal level either.But because the plot was great I kind of overlooked that factor.I usually can't put up with books where I can;t connect with the characters because for me that;s the best part of reading:P

BvbArmette  (Demi-GodGirl1356) Graham wrote: "Nasra: i understand your points and would like to here more. i shall start a debate and we can come to a cunclusion on it or finde a mutual agrement.

Amanda: i am sorry but "shame on thee" for se..."

I know that you love Harry potter and so do i... but i think that divergent is great!
(p.s draco is awesome)
YAY A MOVIE!

message 10: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I second her!
I am backing you up on this on,Amanda even though my vote would probably be biased;P

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 50 comments Mod
I LOVE IT!!!!!

(view spoiler)

BvbArmette  (Demi-GodGirl1356) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Graham wrote: "Nasra: i understand your points and would like to here more. i shall start a debate and we can come to a cunclusion on it or finde a mutual agrement.

Amanda: i am sorry but "shame on thee" for se..."

Sorry I have not been posting anything of late, I have been exceptionaly busy with freshman year and watching Philly D etc. WE SHALL START A DEBATE!

It's my third favorite book.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Its not on my lisy of favorite books because i am a john green person all the way! TFIOS<3

message 17: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new) - rated it 5 stars

ℂᖺᗩᖇᒪἷᙓ §Gale§ wrote: "It's my third favorite book."

umhm

If you need to know. The first is not the hunger games.

It's Chaos Walking.

message 21: by Sierra~Kelley, The Ultimate Divergenator! (new) - rated it 5 stars

ℂᖺᗩᖇᒪἷᙓ §Gale§ wrote: "If you need to know. The first is not the hunger games.

It's Chaos Walking."

O.O Woah!

I just realized it a few days ago. The truth.

message 23: by Kel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kel | 1 comments AMAZING. Just started it at the bookstore on Saturday. Dying to finish it!!!

Nasra wrote: "Its not on my lisy of favorite books because i am a john green person all the way! TFIOS<3"

Ready to start that debate? :D

Kelcy wrote: "AMAZING. Just started it at the bookstore on Saturday. Dying to finish it!!!"

Can not wait to hear what you think Kelcy

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮-ωα ⊰♡1017 & ♡ Tardis!⊱ wrote: "I just realized it a few days ago. The truth."

Yes...the truth.

message 26: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn (papergalaxies) Cant think of words elaborate or epic enough to do it justice!