Adora Adora discussion

Has anyone read "Adora" by Bertrice Small?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie I find it to be one of the best historical romance novels I've ever read. Try it and see what you think.

Diana I've read Adora by Bertrice Small. I have to say that it is my favorite book. I have read it so many times that I have lost count.

A friend gave me a copy 20 years ago that she had. Although the cover is falling off and I have had to repair it a few times, I keep reading it. I think I'm going to have to invest in a new one.

Susan I really liked Adora but I pretty much love anything Bertrice Small writes!!

Fayley I was really disturbed by this book. While child sexual abuse was a legitimate inclusion in the setting and period, I was seriously disturbed by the author's treatment of it. The child sexual abuse scenes were situated alongside erotic scenes in what I feel was a *wink wink* manner (ie "child abuse is so bad wink wink, here read about it while you are sexually aroused"). I truly felt polluted by it. Additionally (no spoilers) the emotional response of the heroine in the second half of the book was unbelievable.