Q&A with Anne M. Carpenter discussion

Promo Central > Connecting Authors & Bloggers

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Carpenter (annemcarpenter) | 109 comments Mod
We all know that authors & their sales thrive on publicity - so this thread is to (hopefully) help us all in that regard.

If you're a blogger looking for books to profile or authors to interview, post here!

Likewise, if you're an author looking for blogs to host you, post here as well!

Happy connecting!

AMC

message 2: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Dettmann | 2 comments I'm a new author looking to spread the word about my debut novel, "A Life Worth Dreaming About."

As a young, independent author, it's quite hard to get the word out and convince people I have a good book.

If a blogger would like to feature me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

A Life Worth Dreaming About

message 3: by I.C. (new)

I.C. Camilleri (Camilleri) THE BLAKE SOUL is FREE today. Paranormal romance and thriller. 1st in the Blake series but each book can be read independently.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/THE-BLAKE-SOU...

Josh Blake wakes up to the sound of the chilling scream echoing inside his head. His childhood nightmares are haunting him again. But why return now after all those years of oblivion? He sets out to investigate and he changes the natural course of events, rewriting destiny and creating a whole new world for himself and for those around him. His turbulent childhood mingles with the present, unveiling the deep insecurities that lurk behind his polished exterior of fame, glory and wealth.
The Blake Soul is a gripping, emotional love story which violently collides with family feuds, guilt, betrayal and revenge.
The Blake Soul

message 4: by I.C. (new)

I.C. Camilleri (Camilleri) Sorry Anne, I don't know whether I posted this in the right place.

message 5: by Anthea (last edited Dec 21, 2012 12:17PM) (new)

Anthea Carson (antheajane) | 1 comments Jane is stuck in the past and can't get on with her life until she remembers a traumatic event that happened 20 yrs ago.

The Dark Lake

The Dark Lake is the first book in The Oshkosh Trilogy.

Call me Jane is the second book.

Jane is a nice girl who wouldn't steal her best friend's boyfriend but there's just something about Paul.

The third book will be coming soon...

message 6: by Quinn (last edited Jan 07, 2013 08:44PM) (new)

Quinn Fernandez (nathanlogan317) | 3 comments I am a new author with two books on Amazon. However, despite having a fast-growing twitter following and good traffic to my web page, my sales are almost nil. My books are well worth reading, and they sell well in my local outlets, but they aren't drawing interest on the web. Is there someone here with the solution?
My recent title is "The Arcana of the Two Hands of God".

message 7: by Kirk (last edited Jan 09, 2013 10:13AM) (new)

Kirk Toncray (kirktoncray) | 2 comments I take online courses furnished through the publisher that I used. Although social media is important, it's equally important to do book-signings and such so you have more 'good stuff' to post on your site and brag about on Twitter, Facebook and such. Don't forget to have a Facebook page for your book(s) One for each. It's different than a profile and once you get 30 'likes' Google will begin to notice it and it will gain traffic. We can be FB friends if yo would like. I keep all my social network sites very clean and suggest you do the same. I'm sure you already know that but it is so important. Also, Pinterest is gaining ground in a big way, espically amongst the female crowd. Also, join me on authors.com. You'll find me there. Oh yeah, link everything to your website, if you haven't already done so. I hope I helped at least a little bit. http://KirkToncray.com

message 8: by Taylor (last edited Jan 13, 2013 08:10PM) (new)

Taylor Fulks (taylorfulks) This is a reply to Quinn...
I've been following blogs about marketing and social media for about the last eight months. I'm also a newbie to self publishing. I paid for (I hate to admit it) a marketing consultant. Between her and the blogs, the overall consensus is a strong presence here on Goodreads...11 million readers.

I finally just broke down and purchased advertising on here. I'm in the beginning of my second giveaway, and I just added a video trailer as well as joined a few groups...like this one. The other social stuff is great, but this site has the highest concentration of readers. I've made some great friends on Twitter and I've gotten a lot of great information, but lets face it, we're following authors...they don't want to read or buy my book. Here, there are readers and that's who I want to see my book.

Now, whether it works or not...I don't know yet. But it seems to be a common thread on blogs. I'm giving it a go. I've also heard of WLC...writer's literary cafe. The site as well as the author members promote each other. I'm headed there next. I'd send you the link, but I'm at work on my iPad.

Don't get discouraged...just keep doing what you love.

~Taylor~

message 9: by Caleb (last edited Jan 12, 2013 04:47AM) (new)

Caleb H. (httpcalebhsmithcom) | 2 comments Mariachi Money

My second book, Mariach Money now available on Amazon and Kindle. The thriller deals with a Mexican drug cartels billion dollar scheme to launder money through immigrant workers and, retired navy SEAL turned stockbroker, Cody Sargent's efforts to thwart them without getting himself killed. Read an excerpt at www.calebhsmith.com.

message 10: by Quinn (new)

Quinn Fernandez (nathanlogan317) | 3 comments Robert wrote: "Quinn wrote: "I am a new author with two books on Amazon. However, despite having a fast-growing twitter following and good traffic to my web page, my sales are almost nil. My books are well worth ..."
Thank you, Robert. Your advice is appreciated. I sometimes forget that my book writing is a process of of self expression and not of production and promotion. I don't think of sales in monetary terms so much as in number of people mulling over my ideas, but I guess that is still a source of undo anxiety. Thank you again!

message 11: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Jenkins (MimiEJenkins) | 4 comments I am a new Author and am having a difficult time generating sales despite connections on Twitter, YouTube and my my blog. It is a short contemporary romance novel available for Nook and Kindle . My book is titled: I Am My Mother's Daughter and my blog is:mimijenkinsmomentoftruth.com; that is Mimi Jenkins Moment Of Truth.

Thanks

message 12: by Taylor (last edited Jan 13, 2013 08:18PM) (new)

Taylor Fulks (taylorfulks) I'm a new Author/blogger. I would love to have someone guest blog on my site, and I would be happy to do the same. My novel is My Prison Without Bars: The Journey of a Damaged Woman to Someplace Normal. My web address is www.taylorfulks.com I want to showcase authors and their work...I'm a newbie and I'm still learning, but hey, you have to start somewhere.
Thanks for the thread.
~Taylor~My Prison Without Bars The Journey of a Damaged Woman to Someplace Normal My Prison Without Bars The Journey of a Damaged Woman to Someplace Normal by Taylor Evan Fulks

message 13: by Dianne (new)

Dianne | 4 comments Thanks for the opportunity to connect, Anne.

I'm looking for bloggers interested in crime novels and who would be willing to check out my debut thriller, Too Dark to Sleep.

Maggie Quinn was the top homicide detective in Chicago’s Area One before she suffered a devastating loss. Now struggling to face each day, Quinn becomes obsessed with solving her last case for the department that now bars her from wearing a badge. But is she targeting the right person or is Quinn’s tormented mind pushing her to ruin the life of an innocent man?

http://www.diannegallagher.net/index....

message 14: by Caleb (new)

Caleb H. (httpcalebhsmithcom) | 2 comments Thanks for the opportunity to reach out to bloggers and readers for my books. Next month I expect to publish the third thriller in my Cody Sargent series, titled Madrassa Jihad. In anticipation,today through Monday, I am offering free Kindle downloads of my current five star Cody Sargent novel, Mariachi Money. I would very much like any blogers or ebook readers to offer more reviews of this book, both on Goodreads and Amazon.com
You can read a discription and exerpt of Mariachi Money as well as my previous book, Reggae Jihad, on my website: www.calebhsmith.com

Caleb H. Smith

message 15: by Mike (new)

Mike Squatrito (TheOverlords) | 6 comments Thanks for the connection, Anne.

I'm looking for bloggers and readers to review my epic fantasy series, The Overlords. Visit my website, www.the-overlords.com, for more information on me and my projects. My books come in both paperback and eBook format and are readily available on Amazon and Barnes&Noble.

Legend of the Treasure by J Michael Squatrito Jr
The Talisman of Unification The Overlords by Michael J. Squatrito, Jr.
Journey to Salvation by J. Michael Squatrito Jr.

message 16: by Lilith (new)

Lilith Darville (lilithdarville) | 1 comments scorpio awakens by Lilith Darville Hello Folks - I've just released my first fiction, an erotic romance called Scorpio Awakens. Please take a look and if you like what you see, check it out on Amazon.com (yes, even a click helps!). I look forward to hearing your feedback. Here's what some of my readers have to say:

“It's not just steamy sex but romance as well.” ~Michelle

“Forget 50 Shades, want to read some great Erotica? It just really drew me in right away and waked up my Inner Goddess! This person – Lilith Darville is an amazing writer. Her Scorpio Awakens series is freakin’ hot & frankly keeps me up at night, in a good way.” ~April

“Hey I found your blog through GoodReads. Looking forward to reading the rest of 'Scorpio Awakens' Interesting twists :) oooo bad Cecile! I really want to see more on Connor. Great stuff lady! Keep it up.” ~Vicky

“Love the story!!! Can't wait to read more!!! I'm shocked at the twist with Tim and Liz! I wasn't expecting that!!!” ~Tammy

“I am intrigued to see what’s going to happen next.” ~Leigh-Anne

“Enjoyable read. Her erotic writing is awesome!” ~Allison

“Ok, you've sparked my interest! This Liz, what does she have against Katherine? Could she be an ex submissive?” ~Christy

message 17: by Mike (new)

Mike Squatrito (TheOverlords) | 6 comments Hey All,

I've been doing reciprocal blog postings and I'm always looking for more. Check out my blog at http://theoverlords.blogspot.com/ and if you're interested let me know.

Mike