Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Issue with Birthdate in Author Info

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (new)

Joy (aughadan) | 25 comments Hi, I was just trying to edit the author info for Baha'u'llah, specifically the birth and death dates, gender, and place of birth. I entered all of these in fine and saved, but while the date of birth, gender, and place of birth appears exactly as I had entered them, the date of death was completely different. Wikipedia lists his date of birth as November 12, 1817 and his date of death as May 29, 1892. But, after I saved, the date of death showed up as December 13, 1901. I'm sure I entered it correctly the first time, but, to be sure, I edited again to enter the right date, but it did the same thing. Is this a known error, or something new? Anyone seen this before and know how to fix it? Thanks!

message 2: by Joy (new)

Joy (aughadan) | 25 comments Also, I see the same thing happening with Thomas Wolfe's date of birth; it changes from October 3, 1900 to December 13, 1901.

message 3: by Otis, Chief Architect (new)

Otis Chandler | 315 comments Mod
Hi Aughadan,

Yes, we have problems with dates before 1901. Working on a fix, but its an elusive one...

message 4: by Joy (new)

Joy (aughadan) | 25 comments Ah, I see. I'll avoid entering those for now, then. Thanks.