Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) Thoughtless discussion

Team Denny or Team Kellan?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 77) (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Gwen ~the Book Diva (last edited Sep 19, 2012 01:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gwen ~the Book Diva First I want to start off by saying that I think both men were way to good for Kiera. She was a little annoying and I really didn't see anything "special" about her that would result in these two amazing men tearing their hearts out for her. However, I could sympathize with her situation which is why I had a hard time deciding who she should have chosen. I really believe that the decision had to be made for Kiera otherwise she still would have tried to hang on to both men.

Denny was the perfect guy, he loved her madly (she was his heart...sigh). He would make the ideal husband, father and provider. She really treated him so unfairly, he definitely did not deserve what happened. I tried to even give her the benefit of the doubt for cheating on him in the beginning. Yes, Denny should have consulted her before he accepted the Arizona job and yes he could of called her more but damn if he didn't make a bee line right back to her after she broke up with him! He said that he gave up everything for her, so true and he did it in a heartbeat. How many girls can say that? The most heartbreaking moments of all involving Denny (well the whole book really) was their final goodbye at airport and her comment about never seeing his goofy grin again. I lost it. My heart broke for him... and her (surprisingly)!

Kellan is the sexy, tortured bad boy that is hard to resist. I loved that he was a talented and soulful singer. He can have ANY girl he wants but he chose her. He immediately felt a connection for Keira and gave up his "man whore" ways to just be near her. He really fell hard for her which makes it so unfair the way Kiera yanked him around. At first he thought that she and Denny were done so he made his move (rather quickly I might add) Then when he realized that she had gotten back together with Denny, I think he was hoping that she would quickly come to her senses and be with him. He didn't intend for this to be a drawn out sneaky affair. There was just too much chemistry and attraction between the two of them and no way to control it. The most heartbreaking moment involving Kellan was him standing in rain trying to come to terms with her choosing Denny when he so desperately wanted it to be him.

My choice- Team Denny! He was a sweetheart, an intelligent go-getter and sexy by her description, plus the accent definitely adds points! I think her personality fits better with him. Kellan is dreamy but a little too moody and unpredictable. (I haven't read the sequel to know whether things change for anyone) Kellan needs someone who is a little more confident and sassy, but not too sassy. Keira just seems too "blah" for him. Just my opinion. I wonder what anyone else thinks.

UPDATE**

So I finished the second book, Effortless a few days ago and I must say that I was glad that I read it. At first I didn't think a sequel was necessary but it turns out that it was. There is true closure which made me feel much better for Denny. There were lots of lessons learned and important transformations. I was truly happy for everyone at the end. It was perfect! I can't wait for the 3rd book! This time I think another book is very necessary, I can't get enough Kellan! I also hope to hear more about Denny because his character has really touched my heart! I love it when a book make me want to have discussions, as if I'm friends with them!

Stacy I loved them both, but I choose Team Kellan. They both were the perfect description of a sexy man even though they were complete opposites.

Adriana Aviles I had to side with Kellan. Denny in the end admitted that he put his needs first. The guy left her in a new city without a support system and then decided to make the move permanent without ever discussing it with her. I don't ever condone cheating, and I agree with you that there was nothing spectacular about her and her weakness in reaching a final decision was infuriating. Kellan showed his love for her in such amazing ways that I was in love with him at the end!!!!

Keeley If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first one you wouldnt have fallen for the second!! Team Kellan! x

Keeley that said, Denny didnt deserve the way he was treated and he is perfect gent! x

Pamchambers Keeley wrote: "If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first one you wouldnt have fallen for the second!! Team Kellan! x"

I totally agree.

Crys Team Kellan! A smart boyfriend would never move with his girl to share a home with another man. Plus bad boys are so much fun lol

Natalie50208 Team Kellan :-) Someone that knows what they want in life and goes for it, shows ambition and is HOT (good looks are an added bonus). Denny gave up his dream at the 1st sign of trouble (some girls would swoon over that, but that would put too much burden on me in life [fearing that any choice I make could cause my SO to give up their dream(s)] - not my ideal relationship). :-) I agree that he didn't deserve to be toyed with though.

Gwen ~the Book Diva Just to update my original post. I am currently reading the second book "Effortless" and I do really like Kellan and Kiera together but I still can't help feeling heartbroken anytime Denny is mentioned. I realize that life goes on but man it's tough! I totally understand what it's like to be on Team Jacob now! LOL Thanks to all who have responded. I enjoy the input.

Annie Brewer Team KELLAN all day every day!!! God I love that man!!!!!

message 11: by V (last edited Sep 13, 2012 08:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

V Team Kellan all the way! Kiera needed to grow up and loose her Ohio innocence. Kellan helped her shed that and come out of her shell. Denny was just too "advance" for her at the time. She needed time to grow up and stop letting him lead her. Yes I do agree that if someone didn't break it off she would still try to juggle them both, but Denny was definitely not her speed. Denny didn't deserve what he got, but I think he was better off.

Kendra I would have to say team Kellan. I felt as if she would have stayed with Denny it would have felt more of an obligation than love. She would have to stay with him because he gave up that great job for her.

Christine Does anyone else feel that if Denny would have not broken up with Kiera that she would have not been with Kellan? Doesn't that 'kill' the love that Kiera a Kellan supposedly have? I just can't shake that feeling that Kellan was never her first choice.

ATran KELLAN ANYDAY !!!

Nebbs Book Blog TEAM KELLAN!!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Denny but he's better off without her. He didn't deserve to be cheated on. And I agree that if she really loved Denny completely, she wouldn't have cheated in the first place. Kiera frustrated me to no end. Come on, make a decision already! That whole situation clearly wasn't fair to either of them. I know she was scared but she was being selfish.
That being said, I'm totally Team Kellan! I love love love him! I mean really? How could you not? In fact I'm at work right now having indecent thoughts about him. Oops was that TMI? Sorry...back to work ;)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Team Kellan all the way!! I did like Denny and Kiera pissed me off with her indecision but I love me some Kellan Kyle :)

Gwen ~the Book Diva Christine wrote: "Does anyone else feel that if Denny would have not broken up with Kiera that she would have not been with Kellan? Doesn't that 'kill' the love that Kiera a Kellan supposedly have? I just can't sh..."

Yes, that's how I feel. I really think that she ended up with Kellan by default. I think that she would have stayed with Denny if he hadn't broken up with her. She would have went to Australia and although she cared a lot for Kellan, he would have just been a guy she hooked up with a long time ago. She was lonely and Kellan just happened to be the guy who was there at that time. Of course over time their relationship evolved and I am really happy for them. I have a hard time believing that he is her soul mate as she claims.

Gwen ~the Book Diva Verona wrote: "Team Kellan all the way! Kiera needed to grow up and loose her Ohio innocence. Kellan helped her shed that and come out of her shell. Denny was just too "advance" for her at the time. She needed ti..."
I agree, I think that Denny was too grown up for her and that she needed time to mature. She needed tons of attention and she wasn't getting that from Denny. Kellan was able to hang out with her all day, take her to class, then hang out at the bar which was perfect to her. Denny was trying to actually work for a living, though I'm not knocking Kellan's ability to support himself by just being in a band and perhaps an inheritance that was alluded to. It's just unrealistic to have your boyfriend around you that much.

Adriana Aviles Pengwen wrote: "Verona wrote: "Team Kellan all the way! Kiera needed to grow up and loose her Ohio innocence. Kellan helped her shed that and come out of her shell. Denny was just too "advance" for her at the time..."

But when you have a boyfriend like Kellan, who needs reality? Id want him around all the time too!!!!

Suzanne (Lily) KELLAN! Denny was more of a friend, Kellan rocked her world 'sigh'

Gwen ~the Book Diva Adriana wrote: "Pengwen wrote: "Verona wrote: "Team Kellan all the way! Kiera needed to grow up and loose her Ohio innocence. Kellan helped her shed that and come out of her shell. Denny was just too "advance" for..."
Me too! LOL

Sleepy I think regardless if Denny left or not she would of ended up with kellan I mean she was acting all weird everytime he was around they had a chemistry that her and Denny never had!! Although I am team kellan I really did feel bad for Denny he was too good of a Guy to be played that way especially by his best friend!! Been there one of the worst feelings!!! That being said I like her with kellan, regardless if she annoys me so much!! But kellan is a good Guy u can just see that!! Team kellan!!

message 24: by Ayah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ayah well i only just read thoughtless the other day and i think i'm team kellen cause im aussie so i thought it would be cool Au and american

Sleepy Kellan and keira are both American only Denny was from Australia

message 26: by Aryn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aryn Denny was a smart & wonderful man, who needs a mature woman, that's equal to him. But Kellan is a womans dream!! Team Kellan all the way :}

Courtney-Tamara Greatrix Denny was sweet & loyal but i believe that he'd eventually found the girl was right for him. But i was always rooting for Kellan from the start, what can i say hes my ideal guy ;)

Suzanne (Lily) Courtney wrote: "Denny was sweet & loyal but i believe that he'd eventually found the girl was right for him. But i was always rooting for Kellan from the start, what can i say hes my ideal guy ;)"

So true, half the angst was that I liked both guys in the beginning didn't want either of them to get hurt but Kellan was always my #1

Julie Pamchambers wrote: "Keeley wrote: "If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first one you wouldnt have fallen for the second!! Team Kellan! x"

I totally agree."

Agreed !! I couldnt have said it any better !! Team Kellan

Ilana i'm Team Kellan. although i saw some of the redeeming qualities for Denny - i felt like Kiera really sacrificed a lot for him and although at times he seemed like he appreciated it, i feel like it wouldn't have mattered if Kiera was agreeing or not. he would have made those decisions without her. that's not good enough for a relationship.

Kellan on the other hand was clearly not the kind of guy that would guilt you into doing something, and once he fell for Kiera, i feel like it was clear that she was his world. that's just my impression though and i loved their dynamic.

Lizbeth What kind of a question is this?? Team Kellan all the way!!!! :)

Annie Brewer I loved both guys but yes Denny left her in a new place with a hot rockstar...I felt like he handed Kiera over to Kellan when he did that. on the other hand, he was trying to secure a future for them. As much as I loved Denny in the beginning...Kellan became MY world. Holy Hell...Kiera pissed me off so bad for hurting him through the whole book. I almost quit reading it. Kellan saved it...he made this book. I did not connect with her..no matter how much I wanted to. I'm glad Denny left and found happiness without her.

Vibha★ I was really annoyed at Kiera for not being able to make a decision..she really didn't deserve either of them.But I think that Kiera would have ended up with Kellan anyway..the way she felt around him! But Denny didn't deserve what happened to him though I'm really glad that he moved on and would be able to love someone else.

Sarah's Book Blog Keeley wrote: "If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first one you wouldnt have fallen for the second!! Team Kellan! x"

EXACTLY!!! Well said! I would be glad to take Denny though, how with an accent...yum

Adriana Aviles I was so disgusted by her behavior.... I could not for the life of me imagine going to bed with two guys the same day or holding a lover while the boyfriend was in the next room. Her indecision was infuriating, but the bed hopping was disgusting!

Deborah David Pengwen wrote: "First I want to start off by saying that I think both men were way to good for Kiera. She was a little annoying and I really didn't see anything "special" about her that would result in these two a..."

I felt the same way about the men being too good for her and I was devastated by the way she treated Denny. I just felt that each guy had different qualities and when it came to forever, Denny was my choice hands down. I'm glad I read your review because I've been hesistant to read the sequel because of my disappointment with the heroine. I'll go ahead and read it now and hopefully will find the closure that you did.

Stephanie That is a total no-brainer for me...definitely Team Kellan, but then I am a sucker for the bad boy, tattooed, rock guy!

message 38: by ewa (new) - rated it 5 stars

ewa Pengwen wrote: "First I want to start off by saying that I think both men were way to good for Kiera. She was a little annoying and I really didn't see anything "special" about her that would result in these two a..."
that was really great insight

message 39: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Team Kellan!!!!

Julie No question about it, Team Kellan.

Mercedes Team kellan!!!!!!!

message 42: by Hail (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hail Team Kellan, no question. Denny was a great boyfriend but you can't overlook the fact that HE seemed a little selfish, putting his career before their relationship with little input from her. I imagine Denny to be the kind of guy who is looking for a mate to fit into his life, instead of a real equal partner in a relationship. Not to mention Kiera was young, and when you're young is when you SHOULD be following your heart and giving in to the intensity of a connection like she had with Kellan. If she didn't, I think she'd regret it and ponder the "what if" forever. I would have done the same, although I'd like to think I wouldn't have lead them both on for such a long time. Team Kellan!!

Tammy Team Kellan! Denny didn't deserve being cheated on and strung around like that, but 1. he chose his career first and 2. he left her there with ultra hot Kellan and 3. he drifted away from her while he was gone and 4. he made a huge decision regarding their life without asking Keira her input. I want to see a happy ending for Denny, though bc he is still a great guy. Maybe he learned his lesson.

message 44: by Andy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Andy Keeley wrote: "If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first one you wouldnt have fallen for the second!! Team Kellan! x"
I totally agree!!! I think Kiera felt safe and comfortable with Denny but not really in love, he deserve a girl who love him as much as he love her, not just to be the save spot of an insecure girl... with Kellan the relationship was so intense, she must to choose him... that's the kind of love you cannot lose!!

message 45: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi Kellan!!!!!!!!!!

Literati Literature Lovers Today we are celebrating S.C. StephensDay Literati Literature Lovers. Be sure to check out the fun links celebrating her day! http://literatiliteraturelovers.com/t...

Kimberly team DENNY. :))

message 48: by ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (last edited Nov 05, 2012 09:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ I love Denny. Even though some of his choices did contribute to the (horrible) choices Keira made, he didnt deserve that. He is a great guy & hot. And I do want an HEA for him, but I'm team Kellan all the way.

As much as I wanted to stay mad and Keira for her betrayal, I just couldn't stay there.. Come on we're talkin about Kellan here.

message 49: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Matthews TEAM KELLEN!! I love Denny but i really think that it was more of a first love, habit type of relationship with him. Kellen made Kiera feel passion and lust that completely took her by surprize and with Denny away it was impossible to ignore.
I understand most people getting frustrated with Kiera for not making a choice but i think in a real life situation choosing between what you know and what you want wouldn't be a quick, easy choice especially when what you know (Denny) hasn't done anything wrong and what you want (Kellen) not making it easy to ignore him,
I don't think either men deserved to be treated the way they were but seriously how would you choose one when you have both lol.:)

Sarah TEAM KELLEN!!!!!!!!!!!

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Thoughtless (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

S.C. Stephens (other topics)