She-Geeks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Apps for Reading

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celeste (new)

Celeste (Orienthi) | 15 comments Hello fellow she-geeks!!

I wanted to share an app for reading manga for free on the blackberry playbook called "PocketManga" I love it and its free and downloadable on the app world. I am sure there are some for ipod/ipad as well and if anyone knows any feel free to post here.

I am a mother of a newborn so things like these help when I cant purchase new material :)

Enjoy!

-Celeste

message 2: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (last edited Sep 10, 2012 11:10AM) (new)

Kay Lotus (ayokayo) | 249 comments Mod
Celeste wrote: "Hello fellow she-geeks!!

I wanted to share an app for reading manga for free on the blackberry playbook called "PocketManga" I love it and its free and downloadable on the app world. I am sure the..."

Ahh, this gave me an idea to create a discussion category for tech and gadgets!!! Do you mind if I change your post title to something like "Apps for Reading" so this thread will be easier to find for those of us looking for app recommendations?

message 3: by Celeste (new)

Celeste (Orienthi) | 15 comments Yea go for it :) sounds good to me.

message 4: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (last edited Sep 10, 2012 11:44AM) (new)

Kay Lotus (ayokayo) | 249 comments Mod
For manga, I'm using Manga Storm for the iPad. Manga Rock 2 is also a good alternative and they're both free. They pull their sources from 3-5 of the biggest websites for manga scans. TONS of free series.

For comics, I'm using Comic Zeal which is $5. They have an iPod/iPhone-only mini version for $2. It can also read manga from right to left. Before I discovered Comic Zeal, I was using ComicBookLover which is free and simple. I highly recommend Comic Zeal though if you have a large collection and want better organization (ex. tags, hierarchy).

As for my MacBook, I use Simple Comic. Free.

message 5: by Stefani - SpelingExpirt, White Rabbit (new)

Stefani - SpelingExpirt (Speling_Expirt) | 307 comments Mod
Being new to the wonderful world of comics I use Comic Book Lover, it is simple enough for me to use just now. I might check out Manga Lover.

message 6: by Ashleigh (last edited Sep 19, 2012 09:42PM) (new)

Ashleigh (KeittyTenchi) | 11 comments (Droid) I paid for Manga Watcher after I got tired of MangaWhat not updating. Manga Watcher works great in comparison - it syncs with at a great many English websites as well as quite a few in other languages.

I don't have a comic app. Does anyone have any recommendations?

message 7: by Bakemono (new)

Bakemono For manga on the iPad I use CloudReaders. It's free and you can change it to read right to left. It supports cbz, cbr, and PDF formats.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 133 comments I need to get some apps for manga and e-books and such for my new ipad. Thanks so much for your recommendations! I do use comixology for comic books and I find it to be very good. I'd recommend it.

message 9: by Michelle (last edited Oct 22, 2012 09:38PM) (new)

Michelle (michellepotter) I've been using Perfect Viewer to read my comics on Android. Love it!

I have a "pull list" app on my phone called Comic Shopper. Every week it's updated with the new comics coming out. You mark the ones you want to buy, and it creates a shopping list. You can also view by publisher, which is great because I mostly read Marvel. And it tracks the comics you buy most to automatically create a favorites list to make things even easier.

And, of course, I have the Marvel app to easily purchase digital comics straight from the source.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.