Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book not yet published showing up

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) | 59 comments Hi, I just noticed a book showing up on my dashboard with my name and a generic cover. I have a book coming out in October named Second Chances, but it doesn't have an ISBN yet and it's not yet published. I don't know where this information is coming from, but the listing is premature. Can someone delete it for me?

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Delaney, people often add upcoming books so that they can track them to release. It's okay to have a placeholder that doesn't have an ISBN yet -- when the proper record is created with an ISBN, the placeholder can be merged into it. (It is a little strange that no one has shelved this yet, since someone obviously added it manually and you'd think it would be because they wanted to track it.) Would you like to add any teaser information about this book now?

message 3: by Banjomike (last edited Sep 10, 2012 06:20AM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Why not just add the official cover that you posted on your site? That way visitors to your page on Goodreads will know that your book is due out on October 25th and be able to get their orders in quickly.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/c...

message 4: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) | 59 comments Cait and Banjomike, I didn't realize I could edit one that someone else added. I usually add the info myself once I have the ISBN and final blurb. If I can edit it, I'll make the changes.

message 5: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) | 59 comments Okay, it worked. Could one of you attach it to the Hot Latin Men series? It's #4.

Thanks in advance for your help.

message 6: by Yossarian (new)

Yossarian (polymathicmonkey) | 169 comments I've added it to the series for you.

message 7: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) | 59 comments Mel wrote: "I've added it to the series for you."

Thanks!