Shakespeare Fans discussion

Live Performances! > Timon of Athens

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Izzy (new)

Izzy Nicol (izzabellezi) | 3 comments Hi all,
I'm going to see Timon of Athens in London next Friday and as I haven't read it I was wondering if anyone who has could give me the low down. I'm curious to know what to look out for and the key scenes which would be interesting. I'm going to have a brief read of it perhaps in the week if I find time, but I'd just like to know from a fan of the play which scenes might be good to have a look at.
Thanks,
Izzy

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie They have the synopsis and history on Wikipedia. It's not great Shakespeare in my opinion, probably worked over from someone else's work when he was starting out as a writer. Pretty bloody!

message 3: by Izzy (new)

Izzy Nicol (izzabellezi) | 3 comments Thanks - can't believe I forgot to check Wikipedia! I've just been asked to review it too so if any theatre buffs want to give me scene pointers i'd be very grateful. I've taken the book out of the library too.

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Oh goodness, so sorry! Was thinking of Titus! Someone wrote me and kindly told me. Have fun at the theater!

message 5: by Izzy (new)

Izzy Nicol (izzabellezi) | 3 comments Oh, quite a difference! I've finished reading it and actually although it's not his best it's certainly enjoyable. Very quotable. Thank you, I hope I do.