The Sword and Laser discussion

Hobbit Second Breakfast

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (new)

Tassie Dave | 3543 comments Mod
11am is when Hobbits have elevenses. ;-)

Second breakfast is eaten earlier.

message 2: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (new)

Whatever we call it, I'm in. :-)

You can never have too many breakfasts

message 3: by Tina (new)

Tina (javabird) | 693 comments FertileSpade wrote: "... With the movie and S&L reading coming up what a great way for us all to embrace good hobbit values such as a full tummy and warm companionship!..."

I must have missed something -- when is the S&L reading coming up?

message 4: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (last edited Sep 13, 2012 10:38PM) (new)

Tina wrote: "I must have missed something -- when is the S&L reading coming up? "

The Hobbit is the S&L book club pick for December.

We are reading it because the Hobbit movie comes out that month.

message 5: by David Sven (new)

David Sven (gorro) | 1582 comments Tassie Dave wrote: "11am is when Hobbits have elevenses. ;-)

Second breakfast is eaten earlier."

Will that be on kiwi time?

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina (javabird) | 693 comments Tassie Dave wrote: "Tina wrote: "I must have missed something -- when is the S&L reading coming up? "

The Hobbit is the S&L book club pick for December.

We are reading it because the Hobbit movie comes out that month."

Where did you see or hear this? Are the upcoming months posted anywhere?

message 7: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha (craniumrinse) Tina wrote: "Where did you see or hear this? Are the upcoming months posted anywhere?

I found out from the S/L calendar. I don't know if that's what everyone else uses, but it's pretty helpful for me.

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina (javabird) | 693 comments Thanks! I didn't know the books were being posted on the calendar. This is a great help (especially to plan for reserving books from the library.)

message 9: by Kat (new)

Kat | 28 comments They also mentioned it a couple of times in the podcast, I believe.

message 10: by Rainer (new)

Rainer Dela Cuesta (delacuesta) | 28 comments I'm somewhat excited for the movies. I finished the book this summer, and maybe it's because of the writing style that the book didn't seem that interesting to me. So, I hope the movies fix that for me.

message 11: by Ruthifred (new)

Ruthifred | 27 comments I'm always game for a second breakfast. Looking forward to reading The Hobbit again in Dec. in preparation for the movie release! :)