Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Vampire Academy discussion

What series Should I read next (Moved to here!)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Gabby (last edited May 10, 2013 07:27AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gabby Okay i have moved this post here, (Everyone, this is the same person, just me on a different file, okay) Your posts won't be deleted on the other topic, but they won't be copied over! Just a warning!

-YA Books only!
-This Topic will now be updated more frequently now :D!!!

I have Heaps of Books, I Just have no idea which series I should read next, Here is the list:

1) Morganville Vampires
2) Hunger Games -*Read*
3) Fallen Series
4) Hush, Hush Series -*Read* (Waiting for the last book)
5) Unearthly Series
6) Once in a Full Moon series
7) Eragon Series Currently Reading
8) Blood Coven Series
9) Infernal Devices Series -*Read* (Waiting for the last book)
10) Halo Series
11) Percy Jackson Series -*Read*
12) The House of Night series
13) Rangers apprentice series
14) Everneath, Brodi Ashton
15) Raised By Wolves Series
16) Immortal Rules Series
17) The Hollows Series
18) The Switched series -*Read*
19) The Immortal City Series
20) Elementals Series
21) Immortal By Lauren Burd
22) The All American Girl Series By, Meg Cabot -*Read

Update :)

23) Fated, By Alyson Noel
24) Immortal Series, Alyson Noel
25) The Host, Stephanie Meyer -*Read*
26) Mercy Series, Rebecca Lim
27) Fateful, Claudia Gray
29) Matilda, Roald Dahl -*Read*
-
30) Lament series, By Maggie Steifvater
31) Darke Academy, Gabriella Poole
32) Revenants, Amy Plum
-
33) The Golden Lily, Richelle Mead -*Read*
-
34) Strange Angels, Lili St. Crow
35) Dark Kiss, Michelle Rowan
36) I am Number Four, Pittacus Lore
37) The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R Tolkien
38) Stormbreaker, Anthony Horowitz
39) Heather Wells Series, Meg Cabot
40) Beautiful Creatures Series (On book 2)
41) Divergent Series, Veronica Roth
-
42) Curse Workers Series, Holly Black -*Read*
43) Mystic City

*Thank you to everyone, for your suggestions, much appreciated!*

-And they are all of them!(I will be adding up the scores, Other suggestions of series are welcome, YA Books only, Thanks! Have a good reason why I should read this particular series, no spoilers please!)

*Now reading: Eragon, By Christopher Paolini. *

LaSteven read house of night then morganville vamps and then raised by wolves

message 3: by Kate (last edited Sep 09, 2012 12:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate Mythos Academy by Jennifer Estep. The first book is Touch of Frost. Girl goes to a boarding school with the descendants of mythological warriors.

I really enjoyed it and thought that it'd be one that fans of VA would like.

--

I also really liked Elementals series, and Fated by Alyson Noel from your list. Morganville Vampires are pretty good but I got a little burnt out and didn't finish the series.

A lot of the other ones are on my to-read list.

Megan Morganville, definitely! Love that series. I liked Immortal Rules, too. I didn't get through all of the Fallen books. I read the first and was annoyed. But to each their own. Also House of Night gets old after a while. Great beginning though, just drags out.

Gabby Megan wrote: "Morganville, definitely! Love that series. I liked Immortal Rules, too. I didn't get through all of the Fallen books. I read the first and was annoyed. But to each their own. Also House of Night ge..."

Okay. I heard it was like the hush, hush series, and i just finished them and didn't really like them...so, no Fallen for me :)

Gabby Lasteven wrote: "read house of night then morganville vamps and then raised by wolves"

The only WHOLE series i have is raised by Wolves, but i have a relative borrowing the last one :P

Gabby Kate wrote: "Mythos Academy by Jennifer Estep. The first book is Touch of Frost. Girl goes to a boarding school with the descendants of mythological warriors.

I really enjoyed it and thought that it'd be one ..."

Cool, I'll read them soon, but i kinda wanted to wait 'till the others come out, but now i'm thinking i might just get them off my to-read shelf :D

Avani 24) Immortal Series, Alyson Noel, and
36) I Am Number Four, Pittacus Lore.

message 9: by Kit Kat (last edited Sep 09, 2012 08:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kit Kat 36) I am number 4
38) Stormbreaker

message 10: by Elliegrace (new)

Elliegrace you should read the mercy falls werewolves by maggie steifvater, the mortal instruments by cassandra clare (they came before the infernal devices), and the unbecoming of mara dyer by michelle hodkin (the sequel is coming out oct 23 2012 btw)
ok you should read the werewolves bc its a great sad love story
the mortal instruments bc they are good (not as good as the infernal devices) but stil worth reading.
last but not least the unbecoming of mara dyer is one of the best books ive read in a long time...its mysterious, romantic, edgy, and heads up noah is hilarious!

message 11: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy victoria 1) Morganville Vampires this is brilliant i've reread them all everytime a new one comes out there really good ,

23) Fated, By Alyson Noel this was amazing too really different

Hannah 17) The Hollows Series
Love, love, love Kim Harrison

34) Strange Angels
You will love Dru and everyone else

Gabby Samantha:
I have only heard of Amanda Hocking's Series, but they look interesting, so i'll check them out :)

Avani/Kit Kat:
I really didn't like the movie of 'I am number four' but really want to try the book, is better than the movie?

Elliegrace:
You have good taste in books, because i havealready read the Mortal Instruments + Infernal Devices series, as well as the Shiver series! :D Hmmm, the Umbecoming of Mara Dyer.... I know this sounds silly, but i really hate books about mental institutes and stuff like that, and i have heard that this book has a lot of that kinda stuff in it, but if you can convince me to read it, i might :D but probably not soon.

Amy:
I have started to read the Morganville Vampires SO MANY TIMES :D I'll wake up one day and be like 'i want to read the Morganville vampires series today' and something else always comes and catches my attention :) and plus, i am missing 'Kiss of Death' and 'Ghost Town' :( and i can't find them anywhere, so i'll have to wait 'till i find them.

Hannah:
Haha, i'm thinking of a different Hallows series :) I'm talking about the one by Amanda Hocking. I can't read adult books (As said above) and that's why i havn't read them yet :)
and i REALLY WANT to read the strange angels series, but are missing the majority of the books (2,3 and 4 :)

message 14: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy victoria i agree i hate reading if i haven't got them all, but try fated then i really enjoyed it and theres only 1 i think so far

Gabby Yeah. I read Vampire Kisses, (When i only had the first book) and because they were really thin, i finished them in a day. And everyday me and mum would take a trip to Big W and buy the next few (Because i was REALLY short on money) until i had finished them all :)

Gabby Okay, i have finished reading 'Burn Mark' By Laura Powell, here is my semi-positive review:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Samia Ruponti You should read Amanda Hocking's books, they are Amazing with a capital A! Also, Everneath, The Unearthly series are pretty awesome. Fallen didn't do it for me, I finished the first book, but the second one seemed boring.

Fateful by Claudia gray is awesome! The story is totally different, plus it's a standalone! I don't know about others, but right now I can't even think about starting a new series! The Evernight series by Claudia gray is really good too.

I didn't like I am number four series much, but I have read all the book available. I'm probably not going to read the next one though, If I'm not really bored.

P.S: I forgot to mention The Falling Under series by Gwen Hayes. It's really good.

Gabby Samia wrote: "You should read Amanda Hocking's books, they are Amazing with a capital A! Also, Everneath, The Unearthly series are pretty awesome. Fallen didn't do it for me, I finished the first book, but the s..."

I've read the trylle trilogy by her, and i loved them :) her new series is the next one i'm going to read of hers.
I don't really want to read fateful :( I would love to want to read it, but i just don't like sad stories and i havn't had the heart to watch titanic. (view spoiler)

Samia Ruponti Gabby wrote: "Samia wrote: "You should read Amanda Hocking's books, they are Amazing with a capital A! Also, Everneath, The Unearthly series are pretty awesome. Fallen didn't do it for me, I finished the first b..."

hmm...sad! Did you try My blood Approves series yet? I have never cried more while reading a paranormal romance! but it's not sad, if you are afraid of that again!

Gabby Nah. I have the first couple on my iPod. but i find it very hard to read o the smashed-up screen :) I'll have to buy them again on Amazon, or something :)

Samia Ruponti I'm lucky, I got the first 3 books free while she was trying to promote her books! :D

Gabby Aww, awesome :)

Haley House of night gets really boring and repetitive after the 5th book, the authors are dragging it out way too much

Haley Fallen is really good if you want a love story with a twist to it, I loved it

Gabby Yeah. Is fallen too similar to Hush, Hush? I didn't really like that one much. And i've heard that about the House of night series but i still want to read it. It might take me a while (With a LOT of breaks But i think i'll manage it :)

Haley Nuh it's not really, it's better. Well have fun :P

Gabby Okay. Thanks! And i will :)

Gabby Okay, A few reviews for the last couple of books i have read. Feel free to comment! :D

All American Girl-http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Ready Or Not (All American Girl 2)-http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Gabby UPDATED!!

Diana Shadow Falls by C. C. Hunter (has 4 books so far), Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins(trilogy, all books out and has a spinoff series I would suggest you look into), Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Daughters of the Moon by Lynn Ewing.

Gabby Ooh, Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout has been one I've been looking out for for a while. Unfortunately I'm a bit sick of the paranormal genre, it will have to wait.

message 32: by Diana (last edited Jan 02, 2013 08:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Diana If you don't want paranormal I would suggest Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen (it's based on the 1920's and it's freaking amazing), I would also strongly strongly strongly suggest Kiki Strike by Kirsten Miller( It's got adventure and girl bad a**ness!), S. T. O. R. M. by E. L. Young (it's got references to real gadgets and inventions, it' s an action adventure)

Gabby THANK YOU!!! This is just what I'm looking for, I hope to buy them soon!

Diana No problem :) happy reading!

Gabby Thanks! You, too!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you like dystopian books?

Gabby Yeah. I've only read The Hunger Games, The Host and The Selection.

Can I take a guess of what your going to recommend to me? Is it Divergent? :D

Sakina I've read 'The Elementals' series and the 'Halo' series and I loved them both!! I suggest you read 'Halo' next!
:D

Gabby Okay :) But i have a BIG line -up...but it'll come as soon as i can read it.

Gabby Awesome :)

Emily I've read a lot of these books. I would really recommend Morganville vamps, Unearthly Series, Everneath and Revenants. These are all my favs.

Gabby Thanks!! I'm pretty sure I have all them :)

Kimberly house of night i read the 1st one its good

message 44: by Petaa (last edited May 19, 2013 05:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Petaa Die for Me Until I Die
If I Should Die

are awesome!! Read them!

Gabby I've got them, thanks!!

Gabby I've got them, thanks!!

Sarah Every recent bloodlines series-all three, but I see you've read one.

Gabby read all of them :)

Hannah If you want a series that is not at all paranormal or sci-fi or supernatural, but still chock full of action and some romance, then I would suggest Vixen by Jillian Larkin (I can't remember the name of the series!!!! :0 ).

April Divergent! I loved the first book but I'm waiting to get the second book. One of my friends read both and she said that she fell in LOVE with both and that she can't wait for book three.

« previous 1