Reviews for the Literary Inclined discussion

Reviews Wanted > Need a reader/reviewer?

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments I am available to read/review books. I won't review hard core erotica, but other than that I am open.

I have posted reviews to both Goodreads and Amazon. Some books I have reviewed are The Angry Woman Suite by Lee Fullbright, THE GAZE and The Chapter by Javier Robayo, The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, Glow by Kathleen Ryan, Insurgent by Veronica Roth, and others. Some of these reviews are on Amazon; all ore on Goodreads.

Just leave a message here if you'd like me to read/review your book. I have a NOOK or I can read hard copy. You can also send a private message to me on Goodreads.

message 2: by M.O. (new)

M.O. Kenyan (MO_Author) | 16 comments Hey I am an author requesting a review of my book. Shades of Springs 1964; Letters to my daughter.
The coupons I have expire on the 18th of September.
please let me know.

message 3: by Marialyce (new)

Marialyce I am also available to review books. I have many books reviewed here on GR, way too many to list. I will not read, as Vicki said also, any hard core erotica, and just to let you know I thought Fifty Shades of Grey to be just awful. Leave me a message here or a private message on GR. I have a kindle, ipad, iphone etc.

message 4: by Marjorie (new)

Marjorie Friday Baldwin (marjoriefbaldwin) | 62 comments I posted my book descriptions in another thread titled Reviews wanted for Dystopian SciFi/Romantic SF so I won't duplicate the deets, but note there are 2 stories in the same series. One is free, the other is not but can be made available for free :-) I can email a review copy to someone who specifically requests one.

I write SF under this name butmalso write Romantic Suspense under another name and as a result, when I put sex into a story, it's usually not a "fade to black" scene. I definitely dislike stories that are "interrupted to have sex" though. If I don't like to read them, I don't like to write them :)

message 5: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments Marialyce wrote: "I am also available to review books. I have many books reviewed here on GR, way too many to list. I will not read, as Vicki said also, any hard core erotica, and just to let you know I thought Fift..."

Hi Marialyce, I love your name! It's very unique and one that I have never heard until now. It would appear that we have some things in common, or at least one. LOL I look forward to getting to know you via this group. :o)

I think the idea of putting yourself out there to review is that you create your own "page" within the group. If you go to the various topics we already have going, click on Reviews Wanted, and in the upper right corner in little green letters it says "New Topic." Click that on and you can develop your own page. That way authors will see your name and read your "qualifications." I don't mind that you posted that you want to review under this topic, I just wanted to be sure that you knew you could create your own.

Good luck!

message 6: by Mitzi (new)

Mitzi | 1 comments www.mitzisbookreviews.wordpress.com

I accept all genres (except hard scifi) from any authors. I post reviews on my blog, goodreads and amazon. I do only accept paper copies though (ARCs, paper or hard back) since I don't have a reader.

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (MatthewWMcFarland) | 15 comments Hi Vicki, I'm currently reading The Fault In Our Stars, so i'm scared to look at your page in case there are spoilers, but maybe you would be interested in reviewing my book?

Fifty/Fifty and other stories

message 8: by Ken (new)

Ken Brimhall (kenbrimhall) Vicki wrote: "I am available to read/review books. I won't review hard core erotica, but other than that I am open.

I have posted reviews to both Goodreads and Amazon. Some books I have reviewed are The Angry W..."

Hi Vicki,

Boy, am I in need of reviews. Can you review an ebook published by Amazon? You can view it here:

www.amazon.com/dp/B009LTC0BI

If you can, please email me: ksbrimhall@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon,

Ken Brimhall

message 9: by Sarah (last edited Oct 26, 2012 04:38AM) (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 60 comments Ken, please check out my thread over here and decide if you want to submit your book to me. I'll be brutally honest, which you may or may not want.

-sry

message 10: by Gary (new)

Gary Markwick (garymarkwick) | 9 comments Hi,
I would love to have a review for my self help book which is called "Now it Begins".
It is a practical and spiritual book with ancient learning and short stories, which is split into 10 distinct phases.
http://www.garymarkwick.com
I am on goodreads at http://goodreads.com/garymarkwick

Best wishes
Gary

message 11: by Ken (new)

Ken Brimhall (kenbrimhall) Sarah, The Webbiegrrl Writer wrote: "Ken, please check out my thread over here and decide if you want to submit your book to me. I'll be brutally honest, which you may or may not want.

-sry"
I tried. I really tried. Your request form no longer is accepting submissions. Too many chiefs and not enough Native Americans.

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments Matthew wrote: "Hi Vicki, I'm currently reading The Fault In Our Stars, so i'm scared to look at your page in case there are spoilers, but maybe you would be interested in reviewing my book?

Fifty/Fifty and other..."

Hi Matthew, I am SO sorry that I did not see this review request until now. Please accept my apologies as I was not just ignoring you. I can't find 50/50 on B&N, and I have a NOOK. Do you have an epub file you can send me? I'd love to review for you, but don't have a Kindle.

Thanks!

message 13: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments Ken wrote: "Vicki wrote: "I am available to read/review books. I won't review hard core erotica, but other than that I am open.

I have posted reviews to both Goodreads and Amazon. Some books I have reviewed a..."

Hi Ken, my apologies to you as well. I somehow did not see these requests until today. I don't see your book on B&N and I have the NOOK, not a Kindle. So unless you have an epub file you can send me, I won't be able to read your book.

Let me know. Thanks!

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 60 comments Ken wrote: "Sarah, The Webbiegrrl Writer wrote: "Ken, please check out my thread over here and decide if you want to submit your book to me. I'll be brutally honest, which you may or may not want.

-sry"

I tried. I really tried. Your request form no longer is accepting submissions. Too many chiefs and not enough Native Americans.

I'm not sure what's up with that; the form works--others have used it successfully--but I think if you have popup blockers or JavaScript disabled or don't accept cookies or some other restriction placed on your web browser, you PERSONALLY cannot use the form. If you ENABLE JavaScript and ALLOW popups, you should be able to use it.

I should note, I only take ePub and/or PDF and I note that you posted an Amazon Kindle link so I'm not sure if you'd be able to send me a copy of the book to read anyway, would you?

I'm trying not to get spammed here on Goodreads (hence why I set messages to be from friends only and I am frugal about accepting friend requests) but if you are unable to get your web browser settings straightened out so as to use the form like everyone else, you can continue to reply to me here in this thread (or better, in the thread I linked to above?) I'm starting a new day job tomorrow morning and won't be on Goodreads regularly so I shall almost DEFINITELY miss a LOT of messages, threads, comments and conversations. Again, hence why I setup the form ;-)

-sry

message 15: by Prudence (new)

Prudence Hayes | 4 comments Would you be interested in reviewing "When it Rains: The Umbrella Collection"?

If so, let me know :) Here is a little about it...

http://amzn.com/B00AZSCI48

With rain chasing her at her heels and her fear of rain flowing through her veins, Nora is in a downward spiral mentally and trying to grasp onto anything that will stop her. For many years she has been trying to come to grips with her parent’s death in a car crash and a voice that she incessantly hears in her head that announces only evil.
She lives amongst a testosterone filled family; Pops, her uncles and cousins that have never wavered in their love but are often overshadowed by the darkness that overwhelms her.
With the loss of a friendship, running into the man that killed her parents, and her family confronting her about her issues, all with the sound of the voice echoing throughout, she is brought to the edge of insanity and to her breaking point. Will she win the battle in her mind or succumb to defeat?