Reviews for the Literary Inclined discussion

Reviews Wanted > Request reviews from... Harold

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harold (last edited Sep 08, 2012 03:29PM) (new)

Harold Smithson | 30 comments Hello, my name is Harold Smithson, amateur critic. If you wish for me to read and review a book, this is the thread to request that.

I tend to lean towards young adult books in my tastes (Such as Chaos Walking and The Book Thief) but am capable of reading virtually anything, so long as it's good. I can handle quite a bit of disturbing material and enjoy emotionally impactful books as well as horror. (Not horror based entirely on gore, mind you. I mean the kind that has multiple aspects involved, such as atmosphere and originality)

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Braun (tbraun_author) | 8 comments Hi Harold:
Perhaps I can interest you in reviewing my novel Groom and Doom: A Greek Love Story. It's definitely an emotional book, as it is a happily ever after gone wrong--family drama with a splash of the paranormal. Let me know if my book might be your cup of tea.

Thanks so much,
Theresa
http://amzn.com/B007Y5AO0A
www.theresabraun.com

message 3: by Harold (new)

Harold Smithson | 30 comments Theresa wrote: "Hi Harold:
Perhaps I can interest you in reviewing my novel Groom and Doom: A Greek Love Story. It's definitely an emotional book, as it is a happily ever after gone wrong--family drama with a spl..."

I don't see why not. I can do it, but be warned that a review might be a long time in the making, as I am going through a particularly busy chapter in my life currently.

message 4: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Braun (tbraun_author) | 8 comments Hello Harold:
The time is not a problem. I could send you a copy now or I could wait until you have more time. Either way is okay with me. If you want me to send it now, please give me your email so I can do so.

Thanks so much,
Best,
Theresa

message 5: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (matthewwmcfarland) | 15 comments Hi Harold, when you get a chance maybe you would review my book?

Fifty/Fifty and other stories

message 6: by Harold (last edited Oct 28, 2012 11:16AM) (new)

Harold Smithson | 30 comments Theresa wrote: "Hello Harold:
The time is not a problem. I could send you a copy now or I could wait until you have more time. Either way is okay with me. If you want me to send it now, please give me your email s..."

Theresa: I'll have some more time during November, so expect a review around mid to late November. That's the best promise I can make. I'm terribly busy right now, and I'm currently reading a 900+ page book. But rest assured, I will review your story.

message 7: by Harold (last edited Oct 28, 2012 11:17AM) (new)

Harold Smithson | 30 comments Matthew wrote: "Hi Harold, when you get a chance maybe you would review my book?

Fifty/Fifty and other stories"

Matthew: Your story certainly looks interesting. I'm busy right now, but I will review it some time. Just one question: How long is the book? Goodreads failed to provide a page count.

message 8: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (matthewwmcfarland) | 15 comments Harold, it's quite short - amazon put the page count at around seventy. There are eleven stories in all.

message 9: by Harold (last edited Nov 12, 2012 06:07PM) (new)

Harold Smithson | 30 comments Matthew wrote: "Harold, it's quite short - amazon put the page count at around seventy. There are eleven stories in all."

I'll be starting Theresa's book very soon and yours is next on the queue.

message 10: by Harold (new)

Harold Smithson | 30 comments Theresa wrote: "Hello Harold:
The time is not a problem. I could send you a copy now or I could wait until you have more time. Either way is okay with me. If you want me to send it now, please give me your email s..."

I'll have your review in a week or so. Promise. Sorry it's taken so obscenely long.

message 11: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Braun (tbraun_author) | 8 comments No worries. :-)