Cryptozoology Study and Hints discussion

Everything > Chat

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Here you can chat about random stuff

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn omg, ive always wanted to be a crytpozoologist too!!!

@_@

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam I'm here because I like to see what these people think is out there. (And because Skipper is my friend)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, glad somebody else at least knows what the word means

message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam *yawns* I'm bored. You could at least have rp.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

What would we rp???

message 7: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Skipper wrote: "lol, glad somebody else at least knows what the word means
1"

ya at school we were doing this career cruising thing online and u had to do this career matchmaker thing, and i told my friend that i hoped cryptozoologist was on my list, and she was like "huh?" and after i explained to her what it was she looked at me like i was a moron..i think she thought i was making it up...

@_@

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Crytpozoology!!!!! I'm really bad at spelling it though.

message 9: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol, ya me too...

@_@

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Crytpozoology??? Just switch the T and P and ur good

message 11: by Sam (new)

Sam Skipper wrote: "What would we rp???"

We would rp crypozoololgy animal thingies of course!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

There would only be one of each speicies

message 13: by Sam (new)

Sam You could have multiples.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

No we couldnt, this is kinda like the elementals, there can only be one

message 15: by Sam (new)

Sam You can't even bend the rules?

message 16: by Jenn (new)

Jenn depending on the species there might be more than one...

@_@

message 17: by Sam (new)

Sam Why do you alway do

@_@

at the end of your posts?

message 18: by Jenn (new)

Jenn idk..cuz i do.....its kinda like my lil online signature....

@_@

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

*Rolls eyes* Sam, there is no rp

message 20: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol

@_@

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I wanna make a signature, here it is:

Vampire Chick

message 22: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol, alrighty then....

@_@

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay!

Vampire Chick

message 24: by Sam (new)

Sam *rolls eyes*

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

*Sticks out toungue* Ur just jealous!

Vampire Chick

message 26: by Sam (new)

Sam Uhh... no I'm not.

message 27: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (brengel) | 1 comments Hi. I'm new - I see nobody's been here for 2 years - time to come back now!! Lol!! anyway.....

Taking my kids Sasquatch tracking this summer - any suggestions? (my children are 4,6, & 8). I had found a good tracking site with tips & suggestions but don't know where I saved or bookmarked it - now that it's closer to our adventure - I can't find it anywhere!

PS. I've always had a very keen interest from childhood in Bigfoot & mountain beavers (which have now been discovered) & various other oddities (science & paranormal)

message 28: by Betty (new)

Betty (nightreader) | 2 comments I've been interested in Cryptozoology since about 1952, when my grandfather's brother went with a group to Harrison Hot Springs (also a Sasquatch hot spot even to this day) to go Sasquatch hunting. I also grew up knowing about Ogopogo, and Cadborosaurus (Caddy). I came across a fantastic book in the 1960s "On the Track of Unknown Animals" written by Bernard Heuvelmans (1916 - 2001) where I learned how recent such discoveries as the Panda Bear and Okapi were, animals I was now familiar with. That led me to "In the Wake of Sea Serpents". I was fascinated to find Ogopogo, Loch Ness Monster, Caddy, and many other cryptozoids I had since heard about among the animals in the second book. Also I recall when the Coelecanth was actually found. In the first book I learned just how many parts of the world have similar cryptozoids to Sasquatch/Bigfoot, Yeti, Alma, etc. With my fascination with known animals, and my constant curiosity, cryptozoology was a natural interest. As far as I can tell, the first book was last updated and revised in 1995, so even though Heuvelmans was a very early cryptozoologist, the book is relatively up to date on most popular unknowns, including Chupacabra and Mothman if I remember correctly. I have read both books twice, but most recently was probably in the 1980s.

message 29: by Betty (new)

Betty (nightreader) | 2 comments Brenda wrote: "Hi. I'm new - I see nobody's been here for 2 years - time to come back now!! Lol!! anyway.....

Taking my kids Sasquatch tracking this summer - any suggestions? (my children are 4,6, & 8). I h..."

Are you thinking of a place near Harrison Lake or past Sasquatch park?

I believe there are two areas in BC where the mountain beaver is found. It is organically a simple animal which when frightened can easily fall over and die. There is a colony in the Fraser Valley that should be protected and another in the interior of British Columbia.

message 30: by Jilleen (new)

Jilleen | 1 comments The best way to track a sasquatch is to find a habituator that will let you visit. There are several out there. I read a great book about a sasquatch habituator called Enoch. You can get in on the Oregon Bigfoot site. It has no proof, but if it's accurate it will amaze you. Not badly written either.