Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

editor

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

It sounds like the editor told her to hurry and finish the book.So she rushed through the end.

message 2: by Emma (last edited Sep 10, 2012 07:32AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma I imagine she would have had some power in the timings seeing how much money this franchise would have pulled in.

Although there is probably truth in what you say, I still reckon she just got bored of the whole thing

Nicholas Melanie wrote: "It sounds like the editor told her to hurry and finish the book.So she rushed through the end."

You are definetly right. Poorly and hastely written. I was quite upset over this poor series.

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Hoffman I think this entire book was intended for shock value only. There were a couple of unnecessary deaths that didn't have a purpose in the book other than to make people cry. I think Suzanne Collins' portrayal of war and revolution was incredibly accurate. Obviously not everyone can survive, but she kills off pretty much anyone that was introduced that wasn't Katniss, Peeta, Haymitch, or Gale. There are a couple others, but I think I've made my point. I think the story being told from Katniss' point of view really suffered in this one, because Katniss became an emotional wreck and became a really weak individual.

Line I absolute hated the last book... Couldn't realle recognise any of the characters, the storyline didn't make all that much sence, it was finished to quickly, and was left with a feeling, of total chaos, and incompletion...

Luna Belle Pris Melanie wrote: "It sounds like the editor told her to hurry and finish the book.So she rushed through the end."

Thank you! It felt like a first draft.

Uditi The end really did feel rushed to me. It's kind of like there were still so many discussions and secrets going on in the book whilst Katniss was being kept in the room after she killed Coin that were never revealed so the whole thing after it felt really vague.