The Forests of Silence (Deltora Quest, #1) The Forests of Silence discussion

Riddles

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bridgette (last edited Sep 16, 2012 10:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bridgette What gets wetter the more it dries? Take me out and scratch my head, I am now black but once was red? Can you answer any of these? Can anyone give me some more riddles?

Gabby The second one is a match... and the first one is a towel! Wow, go me! :D

Bridgette Gabby wrote: "The second one is a match... and the first one is a towel! Wow, go me! :D"

Yep you got it. How about this one: I am red, blue, and all other colors of the rainbow. I often sleep coiled up. I can eat 100 sheep in a row and still be hungry.

Gabby Hmm, i'm not sure of those two. But i'll think about it and then answer.

Alyssa Bridgette wrote: "Gabby wrote: "The second one is a match... and the first one is a towel! Wow, go me! :D"

Yep you got it. How about this one: I am red, blue, and all other colors of the rainbow. I often sleep coil..."

It's a sheepskin rug, right?

message 6: by Bridgette (last edited Sep 23, 2012 04:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bridgette Alyssa wrote: "Bridgette wrote: "Gabby wrote: "The second one is a match... and the first one is a towel! Wow, go me! :D"

Yep you got it. How about this one: I am red, blue, and all other colors of the rainbow. ..."

Yes! Thats it. Man you are all so good at these. How about this one: A box without hinges, key, or lid, and golden treasure lies within.

Todd Holland Egg

Alyssa How about this one? "I shine brightest in the dark. Give me food and I shall live. Give me water and I shall die. What am I?"

Maddy A candle?

Maddy A man comes upon another man. They have met once before and one hates the other. He is going to kill him. The one who hates says, "say to me a sentence. If it is true, I will stab you. If it is false, I will cut off your head."
What does the other man say?

Ashley-Anne Maddy wrote: "A man comes upon another man. They have met once before and one hates the other. He is going to kill him. The one who hates says, "say to me a sentence. If it is true, I will stab you. If it is fal..."

that's too similar to leif's riddle! he says: you will cut off my head

Alyssa I have eyes, but cannot see. I have a mouth, but cannot eat. I have ears, but cannot hear. I have legs, but cannot walk. What am I?

Jacob Perry The person who answers this right is awesome. I have forests but no trees, I have cities but no buildings,and I rivers but no water.

message 14: by Todd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Todd Holland Map

Jacob Perry Todd wrote: "Map"

Great you are right. You are officially AWESOME!

Jacob Perry How about this one. I have legs but can't run, I have arms but no hands, I carry well but I find I carry best with my feet of the ground.

Alyssa What about my riddle? Any guesses on that one?

Jacob Perry Alyssa wrote: "What about my riddle? Any guesses on that one?"

I love this riddle because it's so hard i'll just have to guess a puppet.

Alyssa Close.

Jacob Perry Alyssa wrote: "Close."

Is it a doll? Where did you get the great riddle?

Jacob Perry Alyssa wrote: "How about this one? "I shine brightest in the dark. Give me food and I shall live. Give me water and I shall die. What am I?""

Fire

Alyssa Jacob wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Close."

Is it a doll? Where did you get the great riddle?"

Yes. And I got it from a riddle app on my phone. My brother-in-law introduced me to it.

Alyssa Jacob wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "How about this one? "I shine brightest in the dark. Give me food and I shall live. Give me water and I shall die. What am I?""

Fire"

Correct. Though a candle could count too.

Emily What is the unique characteristic of the following words:
coughing, thirsty, defiant

I never was, am always to be, No one ever saw me, nor ever will, And yet I am the confidence of all, To live and to breathe on this terrestrial ball. What am I?

What has 4 eyes but can’t see?

How do you make the number one disappear?

Alyssa I'm going to make a guess.

On the second one, is it air?

Is the third one a double-headed statue?