Reviews for the Literary Inclined discussion

Reviews Wanted > Request Reviews from....Jessi

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (last edited Sep 10, 2012 12:04PM) (new)

Jessi Overton (pixibell) | 281 comments Mod
If you would like to request me to review something for you. You can post it here or start your own discussion under your name. And know that there is a folder call "Current Projects" in which you can post your upcoming work....

As for me specifically...I will review pretty much anything that fiction and only certain nonfiction &/or historical titles...

message 2: by Vered (new)

Vered (vered_ehsani) Hey Jessi - see if "Lethal Takeout" grabs your fancy. Check it out here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 78 comments Hi, Jessi! Whenever you get a chance (and if you're interested), I'd love to get your thoughts/review on Aerenden: The Child Returns. Information for it is here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

I'd do a cover link, but for some reason, the book is no longer showing up when searched on Goodreads. Odd technical day :).

message 4: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new)

I actually already have it. I bought it on Amazon. I just haven't read it yet

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 78 comments oh, awesome. thank you :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

hey jessi could you please review my paragraph i have just uploaded it thank you :)

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (matthewwmcfarland) | 15 comments Hi Jessi, can I interest you in my book?

Fifty/Fifty and other stories

message 8: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (last edited Oct 16, 2012 05:08AM) (new)

@Laura: Uploaded it where?

@Matthew: Sure can. Tell me a little about it.

@Vered: Your book is on my October review list.

message 9: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (matthewwmcfarland) | 15 comments Jessi wrote: "@Matthew: Sure can. Tell me a little about it.

"

Jessi, here is the blurb:

Fifty/Fifty and Other Stories is a collection of eleven outstanding short stories by Northern Irish author Matthew W. McFarland.

In 'Fifty/Fifty', a policeman is called out to an attempted suicide on the iconic Forth Rail Bridge. His previous experience with 'jumpers' has led to one death and one life saved - his current record is fifty/fifty, but all that is about to change.

In 'Defenestration', a man is thrown from the twelfth storey of a building in mysterious circumstances. As he falls towards almost certain death, he contemplates his fate, killer whales, flying cats, and the untapped potential of the human mind.

In 'The Burning Bar', a man enters a burning building to rescue the love of his life, and becomes trapped, as the whole place collapses around him. Will he manage to escape before it is too late?

'What Have You Done?' deals with the legacy of the conflict in Northern Ireland, as a civil servant comes face to face with an ex-terrorist, leading him to discover how the previous generation coped with living through the worst of the Troubles.

These, and seven other stories, touching on sport, fatherhood, arachnophobia, faith, and cannibalism, make up an exciting collection of short fiction which will leave readers wanting more.

message 10: by Vered (new)

Vered (vered_ehsani) Wow, Matthew - these sound so interesting!

message 11: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (matthewwmcfarland) | 15 comments Thanks! I'm starting to get reviews coming in, it's very exciting!

message 12: by Vered (new)

Vered (vered_ehsani) Very cool. If you need another reviewer, I'd be happy to take a look (probably in December though)

message 13: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new)

Awesome where can I find it...B&N or Amazon or both?

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica McQuay (jessica27) | 14 comments Hey Jessi,

My YA Fantasy novel, Black Moon Black Moon (Paige Tailor Series #1) by Jessica McQuay , is coming out this Thanksgiving. I'd love to give you a PDF copy for early review if you're interested in reading it. Below is the same blurb you'll find about it here on goodreads. =D Trailer for the book is on the goodreads page for it as well.

"Am I losing my mind?"

Paige couldn't help but question her sanity. What other explanation could there be for her hearing a conversation held barely above a whisper in the back of a classroom full of students? What about coming home to find one of those very classmates lying in wait in the darkness of her home, ready to attack her?

Confused, frustrated and feeling every ounce of her social ostracism, Paige confides in the one person she's always been able to count on: her mom. But when her mom reveals a deeply rooted, unbelievable family secret, Paige discovers her world is filled with more than she ever imagined possible. A world where fairytales live alongside nightmares and secrets are the glue that binds them together. Suddenly no one is who they seem and Paige is faced with more questions than answers. Can she survive in a world filled with creatures scarier than anything she could imagine and where deceit runs as thick as blood? Or will the truth send her over the edge?

Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Jessica

message 15: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (matthewwmcfarland) | 15 comments Jessi wrote: "Awesome where can I find it...B&N or Amazon or both?"

You can find it on amazon

message 16: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (matthewwmcfarland) | 15 comments Vered wrote: "Very cool. If you need another reviewer, I'd be happy to take a look (probably in December though)"

Vered, thanks for the offer, all reviews are welcome.

message 17: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new)

@Jessica: it sounds really interesting. Yep i'll review it for you

message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica McQuay (jessica27) | 14 comments I messaged you Jessi! :-)

message 19: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new)

I got it thanks!!!

message 20: by Kim (new)

Kim DeSalvo | 7 comments Jessi wrote: "If you would like to request me to review something for you. You can post it here or start your own discussion under your name. And know that there is a folder call "Current Projects" in which you ..."

Hi Jessi,

I'd like to offer my title for review consideration. It's called Incidental Happenstance, and it's been getting favorable reviews here and on Amazon.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

It's a modern romance novel, and is a pretty easy read...let me know if you or one of your other reviewers in interested, and I'll provide any other info you need!

Thanks, Kim

message 21: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (last edited Nov 27, 2012 04:40AM) (new)

I just read the synopsis and I'm very interested in reading your book. It has all my favorite elements looks like: tragedy, lost love, 2nd chances, conflict, new love, etc.

message 22: by Kim (new)

Kim DeSalvo | 7 comments Jessi wrote: "I just read the synopsis and I'm very interested in reading your book. It has all my favorite elements looks like: tragedy, lost love, 2nd chances, conflict, new love, etc."

I would love for you to read it! Just let me know how you'd like me to get it to you, and I'll send it over. Thanks so much:) Kim

message 23: by Kim (new)

Kim DeSalvo | 7 comments Jessi wrote: "I just read the synopsis and I'm very interested in reading your book. It has all my favorite elements looks like: tragedy, lost love, 2nd chances, conflict, new love, etc."

If you want to contact me by email, it's kimdesalvobooks@gmail.com

message 24: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new)

I'll add you to both my emails. & email is fine: jessica.e.overton@gmail.com or reviewsfortheliteraryinclined@gmail.com

message 25: by Kim (new)

Kim DeSalvo | 7 comments Would you prefer PDF?

message 26: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new)

Epub or PDF is fine

message 27: by Prudence (new)

Prudence Hayes | 4 comments Are you interested in reviewing "When it Rains: The Umbrella Collection"?

If so, let me know :)Here is alittle about it.
http://amzn.com/B00AZSCI48

With rain chasing her at her heels and her fear of rain flowing through her veins, Nora is in a downward spiral mentally and trying to grasp onto anything that will stop her. For many years she has been trying to come to grips with her parent’s death in a car crash and a voice that she incessantly hears in her head that announces only evil.
She lives amongst a testosterone filled family; Pops, her uncles and cousins that have never wavered in their love but are often overshadowed by the darkness that overwhelms her.
With the loss of a friendship, running into the man that killed her parents, and her family confronting her about her issues, all with the sound of the voice echoing throughout, she is brought to the edge of insanity and to her breaking point. Will she win the battle in her mind or succumb to defeat?