The YA Book Club discussion

The Future of Us
This topic is about The Future of Us
Science Fiction > The Future of Us

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emma This book was really good! Has anyone else read it? What did you think?

message 2: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments I haven't. I have heard more negative reviews about this one than positive so I am not so sure :/

Emma I have only heard good things about the book. it's really cool, they log on to facebook in 1996 when it wasn't invented yet, so they know what will happen to them in the future, and they try to change some of it.

Emma if it sounds bad, it's my fault, i can make any book sound bad when i explain it.

message 5: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments It does not sound so bad, don't worry! :D I just am not so sure... so many things could go wrong there :/

message 6: by Emma (last edited Sep 08, 2012 11:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma what do you mean? they could mess up their future or the book could be written badly?

message 7: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments they could mess up their future.. I can't tell about the book :|

Emma i'm not going to ruin anything. :) the book was well written though, did you read 13 reasons why? it's by the same person.

message 9: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments I have it in my to-read list but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. But I'm really looking forward to it!

message 10: by Emma (last edited Sep 08, 2012 02:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma It's awesome! Tell me when you start it! :)

Olena (gummy_bear) it's good. the whole idea is really great, but the plot could have been better.

message 12: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma yeah, i guess that's true, but i still thought it was a really good book.

message 13: by Ivy (last edited Sep 23, 2012 06:06PM) (new)

Ivy (iwanttocrawlintobookslivethere) | 72 comments I haven't read The Future Of Us, but I loved 13 Reasons Why

message 14: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma i thought the future of us was much better, you'll probably like it. are you going to try it?

message 15: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (iwanttocrawlintobookslivethere) | 72 comments I might check it out at my library. I believe they have it!

message 16: by Emma (last edited Sep 23, 2012 06:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma hopefully they do! you'll probably love that book! :)

message 17: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (iwanttocrawlintobookslivethere) | 72 comments They do! I'm picking up my books Thursday and I'll let you know what I thought about it when I read it :)

message 18: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma okay, awesome! are you getting clockwork angel too? :)

message 19: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (iwanttocrawlintobookslivethere) | 72 comments Clockwork Angel is still being transferrerd to my library :P

message 20: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma oh, that's too bad. :( tell me when you get it!

message 21: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (iwanttocrawlintobookslivethere) | 72 comments I will

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 336 comments Well this book is in my room right now. Is it good? worth my time?

message 23: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma definitely worth the read! at least in my opinion. :)

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 336 comments Emma3501 wrote: "definitely worth the read! at least in my opinion. :)"

Ok... I think Im on page 40 or so. Seems like a pretty cool book.

message 25: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma tell me when you finish and how you liked it!

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 336 comments sure thing!

message 27: by Zahoor (new) - added it

Zahoor Belikov (zahoorbelikov) | 98 comments Should I read it ??
I mean is it worth it??

message 28: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma well, i don't remember it being too long, and it was pretty good! but you might not like it depending on your book taste.

message 29: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma same, i didn't like 13 reasons why that much but i loved the future of us so much!!

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 336 comments Ok. I am officially in love with this book.

message 31: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma I know right! are you still reading it, or have you finished already?

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 336 comments Just finished (last night)

message 33: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma i kind of wish there was more closure to the ending.

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 336 comments yeah... but it was really good book overall.