Demigods' Hang-Out :) discussion

Let's Talk > Let's Talk: Tell Us Your Story!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

ϟEvelynϟ (paralynperea) | 1070 comments Mod

How did you find out about the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series? Please share your story!

Well, I was in Language Arts one day when I said to myself, "Ugh, I don't wanna read this book." So then I went over to the class library. I looked through the books and found a book: The Lightning Thief. I heard my Language Arts teacher briefly talk about the series since we were learning about Greek mythology. I said to myself, "Why not check it out?" So I took it back to my seat and began to read. Reaction:

MINDBLOWN.

alt="description"/>

HUMORED.

description

message 2: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

OMG Cool! Percy only appears to the open-minded.

message 3: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

Really? That's even more cool. My gods, isn't that awesome???????!!!

message 4: by Brigitta (new)

Brigitta  (gittakaiser22) | 794 comments Hmmm....I think I had heard of it somewhere and decided to check it out. I fell in love after the first paragraph. Once I finished the series, I was kinda sad that it was over and then I saw that he was making a nother series and I was like OMG YES!!!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I blame my older brother. He brought home the movie and was like, "Livvy, watch this with me." (his exact words)
So I did and I thought it was alright. Later on (like a year later) Ash told me the movie had originally been a book series.
Me being a self-proclaimed bookworm and word-nerd the obvious thing to do was to read the series. I wanted to know which was better (Quick Tip: Book's always better than the movie, trust me). After reading the first chapter I read the 2 more, and than 3 more, and than the whole book, and than the next book, and than the entire series.
So...yeah, I'm a major Percy Jackson fan:)

message 6: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

Bookhog1 wrote: "LOL we saw the cave where "Zeus was raised ""

That's incredible.

message 7: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

Brigitta wrote: "Hmmm....I think I had heard of it somewhere and decided to check it out. I fell in love after the first paragraph. Once I finished the series, I was kinda sad that it was over and then I saw that h..."

:,))

message 8: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (last edited Sep 08, 2012 01:51PM) (new)

LivvyLu[loves you!] wrote: "I blame my older brother. He brought home the movie and was like, "Livvy, watch this with me." (his exact words)
So I did and I thought it was alright. Later on (like a year later) Ash told me the ..."

Sounds pretty cool. :) You got one reason to love your brother. lol

message 9: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

Bookhog1 wrote: "Ya we almost tel off a cliff trying to find it."

LOL! :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Bookhog1 wrote: "Ya we almost tel off a cliff trying to find it."

Holy Cow! O_O

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL:)

message 12: by Dead (new)

Dead (marcwashere) | 75 comments i tripped and slammed into a bookshelf in the library. The lightning theif was right next to me face!!!!!

message 13: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

hahahahaha interesting story

message 14: by Dead (new)

Dead (marcwashere) | 75 comments yeah.

message 15: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

LOL! no really, that's cool!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Marc wrote: "i tripped and slammed into a bookshelf in the library. The lightning theif was right next to me face!!!!!"

That sounds like something I would do (I'm a very klutzy person. I can seriously slip on nothing).

message 17: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

Hahahahaha I'd like to see you in gym class.

message 18: by Dead (new)

Dead (marcwashere) | 75 comments im not klutzy, my sister tripped me

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

ϟEvelynϟ wrote: "Hahahahaha I'd like to see you in gym class."

No you wouldn't. We played kickball on Friday and my shoe went flying and almost wacked my coach in the head. I got benched, but to be totally fair I did warn him...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Marc wrote: "im not klutzy, my sister tripped me"

I said I was klutzy, not you. How come your sis tripped you?

message 21: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

LivvyLu[loves you!] wrote: "ϟEvelynϟ wrote: "Hahahahaha I'd like to see you in gym class."

No you wouldn't. We played kickball on Friday and my shoe went flying and almost wacked my coach in the head. I got benched, but to b..."

LOL! That happens all the time in gym. And that my friend, is why shoelaces are there. ;)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

True dat. Remind me never to wear boots on a gym day, either. I was all the way at the beginning of the gym well everyone was already on their way back. I may be slow, but I'm not that slow.

~❤Natalie Gaskarth❤~ I saw the movie first actually- and might I say Logan Lerman is mighty fine. My brother read the series, and after we saw the movie he was telling me about the series and Greek mythology. So I'm just like, "Okay, dude, you can shut up now, I'll read it." So I bought it on my step dads iPad and was instantly hooked. I couldn't put it down. I was all like, "Dude, I'm spending your money to buy another book. Okay? Okay." So yeah!

message 24: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

Natalie, check out my profile pic. ;) Nice story!

~❤Natalie Gaskarth❤~ I see it, and I'm in love with it xD

message 26: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

ikr?

message 27: by Dead (new)

Dead (marcwashere) | 75 comments It was an accident

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

What was an accident, Marc?

message 29: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

LivvyLu[loves you!] wrote: "What was an accident, Marc?"

Marc wrote: "It was an accident"

Maybe his encounter with Percy Jackson?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, that makes sense.

message 31: by Dead (new)

Dead (marcwashere) | 75 comments No lizzy, my sister tripping me. it is so not an accident i met percy

message 32: by Dead (new)

Dead (marcwashere) | 75 comments it was meant to be

message 33: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

Oh, nice. I like how you put that....it was meant to be. And her name is Livvy lol.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate it when people think my name's Lizzy or Libby. I mean, come on peoples! If I tell you I'm Olivia, you never stop calling me that, and everyone is seemingly deaf when I say I'm Liv (I've heard, Liz, Lib, some old lady called me Whiv one time...I don't even think that's a word).
*bug sigh*

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Marc wrote: "it was meant to be"

Meant to be... LOL:)

message 36: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

LOL IKR

message 37: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

LivvyLu[loves you!] wrote: "I hate it when people think my name's Lizzy or Libby. I mean, come on peoples! If I tell you I'm Olivia, you never stop calling me that, and everyone is seemingly deaf when I say I'm Liv (I've hear..."

Poor, Liv. :)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

*bats eyelashes* Ev...

message 39: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

lol C:

message 40: by mercy (last edited Oct 19, 2012 12:37PM) (new)

mercy (mercyem) | 71 comments Two of my older siblings read it for their book club, then they ended up getting a copy of The Lightning Thief from the Librarian and then I read the first one... and the second one.. and the third one.. and the fourth one.. and the fifth one...and then the Lost Hero came out and I was like "OHMIGOSH, SCORE!" and yes... same with SoN and MOA although i'm not done with MOA (like.. 2 or 3 more chapters!) so dont say anything!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Aww...everyone's beating me 'cus now I'm too lazy to charge my dead Kindle ("bad Rick Riordan fan!").

message 42: by ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak}, ADHD? Dyxslexic? No way! I'm comple- oh look a mokcinjgay! (new)

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 666 comments Mod
Still yet to crack MOA open, ergo I am an infinitely worse fan.

message 43: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

Mercy- Future Mrs. Horan wrote: "Two of my older siblings read it for their book club, then they ended up getting a copy of The Lightning Thief from the Librarian and then I read the first one... and the second one.. and the third..."

That is soo cool. :) The last few chapters are, er, intense. Get your kleenex boxes ready. You'll need a bunch.

message 44: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

LivvyLu[loves you!] wrote: "Aww...everyone's beating me 'cus now I'm too lazy to charge my dead Kindle ("bad Rick Riordan fan!")."

Yep.

message 45: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (last edited Oct 20, 2012 08:48AM) (new)

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Lerman Lover} wrote: "Still yet to crack MOA open, ergo I am an infinitely worse fan."

I skipped reading Maximum Ride: The Final Warning just to read MoA AND Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone(WHICH WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! OMG^^^^^ ONE OF THE BEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ!!!). Sorry, Maximum Ride. I still love ya, though. I wanna finish the HP series first, though before I read anything other than that. :3

message 46: by mercy (new)

mercy (mercyem) | 71 comments Ohmigosh, I FINISHED IT! worst ending ever, let me just say!

message 47: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

DUH!!

message 48: by mercy (new)

mercy (mercyem) | 71 comments I pretty much died....... D':

message 49: by ϟEvelynϟ, Leo-Lover (new)

:(

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't know it was a book, but I found the movie and decided to watch it. Then when I saw the author was Riordan I decided to find a copy of it. Got it from my school library.

*Fact: Do you know Rick Riordan is one of the creators of a virtual world game (super-addictive) called Poptropica?*

« previous 1