Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer discussion

Twilight Movie - News > Movie Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura (schill27) So I finally just went to see Twilight over the weekend (I waited until it was at Cheap Flicks...because I'm cheap!). I was pretty happy with the way it turned out, considering some of the things I read.

The biggest issue for me was the 'running' special effects. I thought they were so cheesy and I think they could've been done in a better way. I actually laughed at a few of the scenes (Edward opening the car door for Bella).

Overall though I was pleasantly surprised with the movie and will probably be going to see it again with my sis-n-law.

What are everyone else's thoughts on the movie? I know I'm late with this!

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) I've read the book, but I haven't seen the movie yet.

So, it's good right? I will be somewhat pleased?

message 3: by Angee (last edited Feb 04, 2009 08:02AM) (new)

Angee Wentz (angee_saxey) | 19 comments I laughed when Edward was being changed by Carlisle and when Edward sucked the venom out of Bella! What was with his facial expressions? LMAO! The running was hilarious! It was cheaply made and very wierd... Catherine just didn't capture the love between Bella and Edward (which is the only reason all of us are so darn addicted to the series) and to tell you the truth, I think it had to do with Kristen Stewart. In an interview, she said that some parts the screenwriter had in the script were "too cheesy" so Catherine told her to just say what came to her mind, what "feels natural". I don't know about you guys, but I think Kristen LOOKS perfect for Bella and has similar personality traits, but she just isn't good at the goopy-romance stuff. I like Kristen Stewart, and I'm completely 100% obsessed with Twilight, but I only like the movie because for me (and I'm sure a lot of you can relate), the movie gives us someone "real" to be 'Twilight-in-love' with.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (schill27) New Directors Notebook on Twilight to be coming out:

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/0...

message 5: by Haley (new)

Haley Mathiot (thebookbop) the movie wasn't worth seeing. it was trashed. i doubt stephenie feels any different (though they probably paid her to say otherwise.)

Kristen was to... angular... for bella. she wasn't soft enough. and she was to athletic.

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) I think I still want to see it, you know just in case I have a different opinion.

message 7: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 42 comments You should definitely see it and form your own opinions. IMHO, the movie wasn't perfect and wasn't as good as the book, but movie adaptations of favorite books rarely are. When you take into consideration the very small budget they had to work with, I think they did a pretty good job. I personally really enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the DVD release and the rest of the movies.

message 8: by Corie (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:45AM) (new)

Corie | 1 comments I absolutely loved the book so my expectations for the movie was kind of High . IMO, the movie was alright to be honest i think Robert had most of my attention =P. I agree with Haley when it came to kristens acting, she really needed to soften up. Overall the movie was OK and i'm really curious to see what they do with New moon.

message 9: by Amber (rebmav) (new)

Amber (rebmav) (rebmav) | 3 comments I was disappointed with the movie. I was totally in love with the world I had imagined in my head from reading the books. I think it's hard to understand why they love each other so much just from watching the movie. That being said, I am still looking forward to New Moon.

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (schill27) I have yet to find a movie that is better or even as good as the book. They just can't put everything from a book into a 2 hour movie. So I always going into movies telling myself that.

I think the best books made into movies have been the Harry Potter ones and even those aren't nearly as good as the books.

I think Twilight did a pretty good job as well, considering how big of a book it is. The hard part will be making the later books which are even bigger and have so much plot wise in them. I hope they make the movies longer for the sake of the story line. I wouldn't mind watching a 3 hour movie (I'd enjoy it), especially if it mean keeping the integrity of the books.

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) I agree, most books that are made into movies can never be as good as the book. It's hard to put discription and things in.

I hope it comes out soon, because I just really need to see it!

message 12: by Areese (new)

Areese | 5 comments I watched the movie first and i thought it was really great but when i read the book, I realized that the movie did not justify the book. There's so much that they could have done with the movie to really bring out the emotions that were described. For me, the movie was half-baked. I'm hoping New Moon will be able to surpass it.

message 13: by Haley (new)

Haley Mathiot (thebookbop) I'm really excited to see new moon, only because i'm soooo happy Taylor's gonna be in it. i was so mad when i heard he was gonna be replaced. i was like "what? no fair! he IS jacob."

even though i'm team edward all the way... taylor is awesome.

message 14: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah_rose555) I think what we have to remember about when books are made into movies is we don't get the thoughts of all the characters. We also don't get what we imagined because everyone imagines something different. This is what director imagined, and I think she did great with it. It's never going to be perfect. That's why we read the books. But like what Angee said up there, the movie just makes Twilight a little closer to reality.

message 15: by Anna (new)

Anna (eggyluv3r) | 4 comments I loved the movie cause i have already read the book and so it waz easy ti follow....

message 16: by jessica83 (new)

jessica83 Ward (stardustw83) | 34 comments Angee wrote: "I laughed when Edward was being changed by Carlisle and when Edward sucked the venom out of Bella! What was with his facial expressions? LMAO! The running was hilarious! It was cheaply made and ver..."
I completely agree with you, for me it just didn't seem that Kristen read the books to really understand the connection between bella and edward i think if they both read the Twilight Saga and then come back to be in the movies it will make them much much better.

message 17: by jessica83 (new)

jessica83 Ward (stardustw83) | 34 comments BananaGirl wrote: "I think what we have to remember about when books are made into movies is we don't get the thoughts of all the characters. We also don't get what we imagined because everyone imagines something dif..." This is something i have to diagree with, mainly because when harry potter came out i was astonished at how dead on it was now there were a few changes but for the most part the casting was remarkable and the movie portrayed the book very well and was everything i thought it would be and more. How ever i do have to say that i watched the movie twilight before i started reading the books but once i did read the books i think the movie could have been way better im happy they decided to go with a new director

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

New Moon (other topics)