Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Help! The "add books" function when editing a series is NOT working.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 20 comments So, I have all of these books from the Disney Classic Series. Now, Disney is a nightmare to begin with because there's just so much stuff out there. But I'm having the weirdest issue. I want to add Sleeping Beauty to the Disney Classic Series. Right now, all that's there is Disney's The Lion King and Disney's Pocahontas. But when I search the isbn to add the right edition of the book (0453030114), a different isbn (1579731813) is the only one that comes up! When I search the proper isbn in the normal search at the top of any goodreads page, I can get to my edition of the book, no problem. But I scrolled through every Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty and the edition I need never came up. And I don't know why it's bringing up a different isbn than what I search for. This is a little thing, but it's driving me MAJORLY bonkers. Please help!!!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41704 comments Mod
Series will always show the most popular edition of a work.

In any case, that seems more like an imprint than a series to me.

message 3: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 20 comments Ahhhhhh...that explains it. Thank you!!!

message 4: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 20 comments Also, I feel dumb. I'd never heard of an imprint before. But I have now looked it up, and now understand the difference, and have deleted the series I made thinking they were series but were actually imprints. Still new at this - sorry!

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41704 comments Mod
There's always a learning curve. No worries.