Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Home Library

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments If you had all the money in the world, how would your home library look?

Mine would have walls upon walls of bookshelves with ladders so you could get up to the higher bookshelves. I would have a desk and some nice comfortable furniture to lay down read on. I would probably have a mini fridge for refreshments so i can have a nice cold drink while reading ( I always get thirsty while reading!). I would probably do a lot more but that's the basic things I would do!

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "If you had all the money in the world, how would your home library look?

Mine would have walls upon walls of bookshelves with ladde..."

Wow... J. It's amazing. I need to think about how my home library would look like. But as long as it had lots and lots and lots of books :) And comfortable sofa also!

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 15 comments Mine would be very warm (I get cold super easily(like purple skin cold)) and would have lots of blankets and lots of sofas and chairs possibly a bed. It would also have a small kitchen as I often get so entangled up in books I sometimes for get to eat and having a kitchen would remind me. I might have a small desk with a laptop to reserve books that I might want to read.

message 4: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments That sounds like a great library, Kathryn!

message 5: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I want my library just in my room with an overlooking view (beach or city) so I could sit on a bay window and read comfortably or perhaps I could sleep after.

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I would love to be able to see a beach outside of my library!

message 7: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean | 675 comments I always said this.. My library would be like the one from Beauty and the Beast!

message 8: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Joanne♥ wrote: "I always said this.. My library would be like the one from Beauty and the Beast!"

That's what kind of library I want too!

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne | 24 comments I would have a library with the wall to wall bookshelves with reading rooms decorated like different book settings.

message 10: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I like your idea for the different reading rooms!

message 11: by Holly (new)

Holly Letson (bookaholicholly) | 28 comments I think I would be happy with mine however it turned out as long as there were lots of books, comfortable chairs/couches, and heating/air, just as long as I could be in there with good books and a good place to cuddle with my honey. ♥

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4478 comments I've always loved the library that was in Beauty and the Beast. Would love to have a room like that one day.

message 13: by Erin (new)

Erin Latimer | 108 comments YES. Beauty and the Beast library. I SO want that!

I have a home library/study, love hanging out in there pouring over all my books. Still don't have enough to suit me, but I'm still collecting! ;)

I've always wanted a library with a window seat, maybe someday.

Has anyone seen Inkheart? The library in that movie makes me want to cry because I want it so much! And then cry more when the house gets burned! :(

message 14: by Gabs (new)

Gabs I would have one of those super cool bookshelves that are built into the stairs, and a whole room full of books besides that!

message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin Latimer | 108 comments G.K. wrote: "I would have one of those super cool bookshelves that are built into the stairs, and a whole room full of books besides that!"

That'd be awesome. I just sort of want stairs in my library period. Because that would mean it was huge, lol. Like maybe a big curling staircase up to a second floor of the library. Okay, I'm going to go off and daydream about that now....

message 16: by Cecilie (new)

Cecilie | 20 comments It would be high ceilinged, of wood and with big windows. The there would be rows and rows of bookshelves. And with a fireplace. But just tons of books (all signed) :)

message 17: by Erin (new)

Erin Latimer | 108 comments Sille wrote: "It would be high ceilinged, of wood and with big windows. The there would be rows and rows of bookshelves. And with a fireplace. But just tons of books (all signed) :)"

Fireplaces...YES. That would be so nice, to curl up and read by the fire!