Q&A with Jus Accardo discussion

Q&A with Jus Accardo > A day in the life of an author

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jus (new)

Jus Accardo | 42 comments Mod
Got questions about what an author does all day? Post em here!

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam (scbooks19) | 10 comments Love your pinterest board!

message 3: by Jus (new)

Sam wrote: "Love your pinterest board!"

OMG Pinterest is sooo addicting!

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam (scbooks19) | 10 comments Which celebrity in your mind looks like Alex? Or a movie deal comes along, who would you pick to play Alex?

message 5: by Jus (new)

Sam wrote: "Which celebrity in your mind looks like Alex? Or a movie deal comes along, who would you pick to play Alex?"

Alex was a really hard one for me. I think Xavier Samuel might make a pretty awesome Alex, though!

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelazz) | 5 comments Do you get lots of fan emails?

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 15 comments What inspires your writing? Do you create outlines? Do you create daily goals like getting one scene or one chapter finished?

message 8: by Jus (new)

Angela wrote: "Do you get lots of fan emails?"

I do and it totally blows my mind! :) People will email to tell me how much they love the book and that they're fans of Dez and Kale, and the whole time I'm thinking, You're gushing over my book? I want to gush over you! There are a million amazing stories out there, and you took the time to read mine. In my eyes, it's the reader who's amazing, not me, lol.

message 9: by Jus (new)

Jennifer wrote: "What inspires your writing? Do you create outlines? Do you create daily goals like getting one scene or one chapter finished?"

I've got a ton of random idea bouncing around in my brain at any given moment. Anything and everything is an inspiration. There's another series I'm working on (news soon!) and the whole thing was inspired by a single song. Something as simple as a trip to the food store can set off ideas. Inspiration is everywhere :)

No outlines! None. Zip. Evil! I know a lot of writers can't work without them, but personally, I can't work WITH them. I've tried. Everything feels forced. I work best when the story can develop organically. It means more editing sometimes, but I'm okay with that!

No goals either. I generally sit down early in the morning (between 4 and 6) and just go at it. When I'm working on a new draft, I usually get between 6-10k words done a day. The closest I come to a goal, is when my husband comes in at midnight and threatens to pull the plug. I have to end the day at the end of a chapter, lol.