The Next Best Book Club discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > quick question

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen | 53 comments how do you update what page you are on in you currently reading book? i cant seem to figure it out!

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Gretchen, on your homepage you should see what you are currently reading in the top right corner, and there should be an "Update Status" link. Click that and you can input the page number of the book you're reading.

Or you can do it from the book page. There should be an update status link there as well.

message 3: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen | 53 comments hmmm see im not getting those

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) when you click "home" at the top of your screen, next to "my books" you should see the page with your friends recent updates, right?

At the top right of that page, you should see a section called "currently reading". If you have no books listed in currently reading status, then it should say "Nothing at the moment". But if you have books listed in the correct status, then it should list them there.

If you havent updated the status before, it might just have a box for you to enter the page number... Do you see that instead of a link for "update status"?

message 5: by Jensownzoo (new)

Jensownzoo | 338 comments I had a few days where my "currently reading" portion of my "home" page was missing. I don't know where it went and I don't know how I got it back, but this may be happening to Gretchen if she can't see it.

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Weird.

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin (RobinSullivan) | 1002 comments Make sure you have one or more books on the "currently reading" shelf. Can't be in the "to read" shelf.

Click on the GoodReads icon in top left of page to get to your profile page - then on the far right top - just below the date and "welcome back ..." message yous should see a section that says "I'm currently reading". Then click the update status