Audio-Bibliophiles discussion

General Discussion > New Service on Audible Amazon?

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tomerobber (new)

Tomerobber | 98 comments Has anyone tried out the new LISTEN 1Hr. READ 1Hr. that's starting? If you load the Kindle App and the Audible app on your compatible device . . . you can switch back and forth on selected books . . . read when you have time and listen when you're busy doing other things. Sounds like this might be interesting . . .

message 2: by Kathryn (last edited Sep 07, 2012 11:16AM) (new)

Kathryn | 40 comments http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=amb_link_... Here are several free books to try it out. I haven't tried them yet...too busy snatching them up.

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori (GlitzyRebel) If you don't have a Kindle you can download Kindle for PC to purchase the ebooks, for free, and you be able to get the audible books for free.

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 40 comments They aren't bad audiobooks, either. The Dracula they're offering is the really cool full-cast edition I've been eyeing. Wizard of Oz is the Anne Hathaway version, Gulliver's Travels is read by David Hyde Pierce and the Twain is read by Elijah Wood.

message 5: by ☻Nikki☻ (new)

☻Nikki☻ C | 480 comments I'll have to check this out!

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 40 comments Make sure you look for the Audible offer on the Thank You page for ordering the ebook. That's the only way you can get to the free Audible books (as far as I've found).

message 7: by Audra (new)

Audra (audraelizabeth) | 28 comments I was checking it out and it doesnt seem to work with books I've already bought.

message 8: by Tomerobber (new)

Tomerobber | 98 comments I think it definitely needs work . . . there seems to be some confusion in co-ordinating the eBook with the audio . . I thought there would be a link that after you bought one then it sent you to the site of the other . . . very confusing.

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 40 comments It only works with books that are specifically set up for it. Yes, the ordering process definitely needs work. I think I missed out on one or two because I missed the link.

Ellen (more books, please) (Ellenlovestoread) | 10 comments Well, I got them all and I don't really plan on using the system. But it will be interesting to see how it plays out. A lot of times my Kindle won't even sync to where I was reading on it last (I will stop on page 53, say, and it will reopen at whatever page it was on before I got to 53, if that makes sense.) I have to go through the process of going to the furtherest page read and then sometimes even that doesn't work. I loving having these classics on book and tape even if they never sync.

message 11: by Tony (new)

Tony (Gribshnobler) | 1 comments If you go to Amazon.com/matchmaker it will show you all of the audiobooks you can get for a special price based on the ebooks you have already purchased.

message 12: by Kathy (last edited Jan 22, 2016 08:56PM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 116 comments Ellen (more books, please) wrote: "Well, I got them all and I don't really plan on using the system. But it will be interesting to see how it plays out. A lot of times my Kindle won't even sync to where I was reading on it last (I w..."

I've had that problem too. I think you have to make sure you've turned on your wireless before you switch from one format to the next. It seems that if my wireless has been off for a time before I try to switch, the ebook and audiobook aren't in sync.

message 13: by Audiothing (new)

Audiothing Whispersync, it's wonderful, sometimes it's so handy to have print to refer to when listening to audio.
For some reason I've found it easier to look up the available Whispersync deals - (where you buy the kindle and for a few dollars more get the audiobook too) via Amazon rather tha n Audible!
When I've used my monthly credit it's another way to get cheaper listens