Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) Clockwork Prince discussion

CP2 snippet discussion

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

omg guys this snippet really hit me hard. because it is so clear who is saying it and why. read it, think, and then read my answer. tell me what you think!

“It has been the privilege and the honor of my life to know you.”

Obviously someone is leaving or dying. Knowing Clare, they are probably dying. It only makes sense if the person on their death bed is saying this (no one would be this calm about someone they loved's death). who could be dying? more specifically, who could be this calm about dying? will would be having a fit. the only possible explanation is... jem. jem is dying. for real. and he is saying goodbye to will. i honestly can't think of anything other explanation. i wish it wasn't so. i don't think i can handle it. please tell me what you think. i want to know if there is another option to root for.

Gabby I know, i read all of the snippets and i cried so bad. I will die inside if Jem dies! He's, like, the best character in the series!

TEAM JEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Gabby wrote: "I know, i read all of the snippets and i cried so bad. I will die inside if Jem dies! He's, like, the best character in the series!

TEAM JEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

i love jem. im not team jem (im not team anybody in this series) but i love him. my heart broke a bit reading this. tell me it isn't true!!!!

Amanda Burns But wait, we know Jem lives long enough to produce offspring, hence Emma Carstairs in Clare's newest series. Right???

Jannah Where can I find the snippet????

Jannah Is there anyone on this page who is TEAM WILL!!!!

Amanda (BookMuffins) Amanda wrote: "But wait, we know Jem lives long enough to produce offspring, hence Emma Carstairs in Clare's newest series. Right???"

Amanda's right. It could be Will saying this. Or, someone is leaving permanently and they are saying this. No one necessarily has to die...

Anyway, if Jem does die, I shall be heartbroken. Even though I am TEAM WILL, I love Jem and his calm demeanor. He is what completes Will.

Jennifer Team Jem!!!

I'm sure it is a trick! This is probably not Jem and I honestly don't think he will die anyway. Too predictable. I'm sure they will cure him.

Gabby Okay Just for all us fans out there....Cassie has shown us some of the art for the Clockwork Angel Manga:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

(Just scroll down to the comments)

Gabby Btw, some of them might not load, but keep scrolling down until you've seen EVERYTHING on that page :)

Alexandra You know, for some reason when I read this quote on Cassie's blog yesterday I didn't think of Jem at all. Not that it couldn't be him - he would probably be the most obvious of guesses as to who says the line, and it does sound like something he might say to Will before dying. (Though I don't think that he'll die - that would be too obvious. I think he becomes a Silent Brother.)
And yet.
My first reaction to this quote was: "Oh no. What's Will doing now?" and all I could think about was a sacrifice of his, like Sydney Carton in A Tale of Two Cities. (Sorry for the AToTC spoiler there for those of you who haven't read it (and totally should)). Then again, he could be leaving, not even dying. Heck, for all we know this could be Tessa. This could be Charlotte! The suspense is killing me ;) Ms Clare really know how to give us teasers that make us frustrated.

TEAM WILL!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Alexandra wrote: "You know, for some reason when I read this quote on Cassie's blog yesterday I didn't think of Jem at all. Not that it couldn't be him - he would probably be the most obvious of guesses as to who sa..."

i really hope no one's dying. i agree that i think killing jem would be too easy for Clare. it is what everyone is expecting. i thought about will saying it to tessa or jem. he wouldn't say it dying ( he would be flipping out if he was dying) but he is a very dramatic and poetic person. he could say this if he was leaving. thank you for making me feel better!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Jannah wrote: "Is there anyone on this page who is TEAM WILL!!!!"

im not team anybody. i don't see how you can be in a book where all of the characters are amazing and you just want there to be a happy ending for all. this, though, is impossible and it is torturing me.

Jannah I don't want anyone to die except for mortaim cause he's an evil person and needs to leave Tessa alone.

Katie They may not die if you think about it they may think they are going too though.
But OMG Cassie Clare kills me with this snippet.