Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Constantinos P. Cavafis
This topic is about Constantinos P. Cavafis
How to sort out this author's multiple names?

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Antonomasia (new)

Antonomasia | 1 comments Also some other complicated language things. See this thread: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (Paulaan) | 7019 comments The primary author name should be C.P. Cavafy, then on the appropriate editions the secondary author name can be added in the edition language

so an edition in Greek

Should have C.P. Cavafy first, then the greek name in the secondary position

an edition in Russian should have C.P. Cavafy first, then the name in russian second.

otherwise I m not sure what you are actually asking

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (mergekat) | 3 comments I noticed something in the name Michael J. Sullivan (apparently there are at least two listed here). I checked the upcoming book, Unfettered, and it has the wrong Sullivan linked there. From reading that book's blogs the fantasy writer (who did the Riyria Revelations), Michael J. Sullivan, should actually be linked there. I tried editing it but I don't see a way to paste the right author's link to the name. Any ideas?

message 4: by Emy (new)

Emy (EmyPT) | 4529 comments Check how many spaces, and where they are - more disambiguations are done here by adding spaces to the name. Theses aren't visible when copy and pasting unless you copy from the box on edit page of the author... :)

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (mergekat) | 3 comments Thanks, the added space worked. :)