Boxall's 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die discussion

reading challenges

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luiza (new)

Luiza | 22 comments Does anyone like the idea of us doing reading challenges here?

I saw some that seemed so fun at some other groups... and I thought that maybe we could do some here, concerning the books from the list, you know?

For instance: I saw one (I don't remember where) in which you had to read one book whose author starts with each letter of the alphabet, A to Z. That's doable with the listed books!

I know reading 1001 books is challenging enough, but maybe if we turn it into many smaller challenges, it could help us get going...

I don't know, it's just a thought.

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna (lilfox) | 301 comments Yeah that's great.

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn I think that's a really good idea. I tried to incorporate as many of the 1001 books as I could stand in another challenge I'm doing. It will help me make a nice little dent.

message 4: by LDB (new)

LDB | 55 comments Luiza - I had just been thinking that would be a great idea for this book group! I have seen some interesting ones on other sites as well. I never have time to participate in the challenges (still struggling to participate in the monthly book discussions) but I love to see what the challenges prompt other people to read. Another group I am part of comes up with a list of themed questions each quarter to prompt people to find new books to read -- things like: in honor of Valentine's Day read a book that has Love, Heart... in the title.

message 5: by Luiza (new)

Luiza | 22 comments LDB - that sounds great! We could do creative challenges like that here, right? With a little creativity, I think we could do all sorts of challenges without diverging from the list.