Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Reckoning: A Father and Son Battle as the Civil War Erupts
This topic is about The Reckoning
Adding New Books > The New Version of My Book is Out Now

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bob (new)

Bob Larranaga | 5 comments The first version of my novel, The Reckoning, was released by CreateSpace in March 2012 at 252 pages. Since then I have asked CreateSpace and Amazon to "retire" that version as I rewrote it, adding 40 pages. It is due for release by November 2012 and has a new ISBN. When I went on the Goodreads site earlier I asked to have the new version posted. This morning I saw both versions but when I returned only the old version seemed to show up. What am I doing wrong.I want to advertise on your site but need help getting the book data correct. Thank you very much.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 4629 comments I see two editions of your book.

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth (BethJustBeth) | 1586 comments I am seeing two editions, as well. Bear in mind they are combined, so you'll see one listing. When you click on it, and bring it up, you'll see "other editions" off to the right.

message 4: by Bob (new)

Bob Larranaga | 5 comments Beth wrote: "I am seeing two editions, as well. Bear in mind they are combined, so you'll see one listing. When you click on it, and bring it up, you'll see "other editions" off to the right."

Thanks for such a prompt reply! And for pointing out the sidebar mention of my other (new) edition. The edition being highlighted is the retired version. Is there some way to reverse the order so that the new edition is the focal point and the retired version is in the sidebar?

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 959 comments Bob, the only way the new edition will become the main edition is more users shelve it. The most shelved edition will come up as the main one for all books.

message 6: by Bob (new)

Bob Larranaga | 5 comments Thanks again for your speedy reply. I have never posted to a bulletin board anywhere before and am just amazed at how well this site works thanks to people like you.