Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Nintendo
This topic is about Nintendo
Book Issues > NAB, leave or straight out delete?

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments What should I do with this author? Many of these don't seem like legitimate books.

message 2: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments Pokemon Tcg: Diamond & Pearl Mysterious Treasures Booster Blister I would NAB. It looks like a booster pack of cards for the Pokemon card game.

The Operations Manuals for the 3DS and Wii can (I think) go. The person who added them doesn't even have them shelved any longer.

The only other one that is iffy is Pokemon - Libro Con Stickers. It's not clear if it is a straight up sticker book of it there is more to it - though most sticker books are not hardback. I'd probably leave it.

The rest of them look like strategy guides. I can't seem to find any good information on them but, knowing strategy guides and the fact that these have ISBN numbers, I'd be surprised if they weren't in a format acceptable on Goodreads.

message 3: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Gotcha. Thanks Vicky.

As to the strategy guides, well I can't remember the last time I even opened one. The internet was more convenient — and cheaper too.

message 4: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments I have a collection of strategy guides that I plan to add to my GR's shelf.

They are legit books and should not be NAB'd or deleted.

message 5: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments No, I'm not NAB'ing the strategy guides. It's more the manuals and sticker books that are going.

message 6: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments Okay cool. It's not like I like pokemon or anything, but I'd hate for all the manuals I want to add to start disappearing.

message 7: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

message 8: by Krystal109 (last edited Sep 03, 2012 05:48PM) (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments I think supplement books like that which come with a system or game shouldn't be on here.

It is written to be bought with the product as the item. It isn't like they bundled a strategy guide with a video game, which can be sold separately.

It also isn't a how to book written for an addition purchase outside the system.

Basically, it was never meant to be sold alone as it's own entity. It is an item that is provided with the system.

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 959 comments lafon, I'm for zapping the operations manual. No one has added it anyway.

message 10: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Jessica wrote: "lafon, I'm for zapping the operations manual. No one has added it anyway."

Yeah, I already deleted the Wii manual. It is kinda amusing though.

message 12: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments They're timing out for me too. Any reason you can't do a manual NAB?

message 13: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl Manual nabs were timing out too.

message 14: by Deon (last edited Dec 02, 2012 10:39PM) (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3314 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Someone else pls. give these a NAB, they are timing out for me.

i have found if the author is various or unknown it will often time out.
change the author to something else, then NAB

edit: re: 11 done

message 15: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl Thanks! Maybe that author is just too enormous for the system to contemplate.

message 16: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) | 259 comments Krystal109 wrote: "I have a collection of strategy guides that I plan to add to my GR's shelf.

They are legit books and should not be NAB'd or deleted."

I'm just seconding this real quick, just in case it's still in debate. They're more books than sticker books or packs of trading cards are, so they should definitely stay. As a general rule for myself, I always buy a strategy guide from the game makers so I can do nerdy things, like get every item in the game, fight all secret bosses, etc.