A Unified Korea discussion

Links to Korea

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John | 1 comments I hope this group will develop. Personally, I taught English for two years (1987-88) at Keimyung University in Taegu (Daegu) in the Republic of Korea (South Korea), and have retained an interest in Korean politics, history, culture, and literature ever since. I have a collection of Korean books which I have not yet listed on Goodreads. I have used Goodreads so far chiefly for tracking my current recreational reading. chiefly minor Jules Verne. However, I am currently cataloging my Asian book holdings on
Librarything. I have done my China-related books, am presently doing my Japan-related books, and after that intend to do my Korea-related books --I hope within the next few weeks. They are listed under the name Antiquary.

message 2: by Ted (new)

Ted Rohe (vangelicmonk) | 1 comments Mod
John,

Thank you for sharing. I hope this group will develop as well. I look forward to hearing your insight on various issues and related books on Korea. Will you list your Korean books on goodreads? Anything you would like to add on here?

message 3: by Eugenia (new)

Eugenia Kim (eugeniakim) | 1 comments Here is a link to a Google map I plotted while listening to several presentations by North Korea former prisoner Shin Dong-Hyuk, whose memoir of a terrifying life born in Camp 14 has yet to be translated into English so we can all read it.
http://bit.ly/2KREQm

message 4: by Stella (new)

Stella Price | 1 comments I am learning a little more about Korea, its history and its culture through writing. I have written two books: Chosen for Choson, a book about a missionary who was executed in Pyongyang and another about a Korean who has founded two universities in Northeast China and North Korea.
I traveled to North Korea having been invited by Pyongyang University of Science and Technology. I love the Korean people and saddened by some of its history. I would be happy to discuss any of my experiences with interested folk and to learn of your experiences and knowledge about Korea.