Book Trailers (tm) & Author Web Sites discussion

Author Web Sites > Interviews with fictional characters - what do you think?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by G.R., Mod-Squad (new)

G.R. (grcollia) | 113 comments Mod
I've been adding sections of an interview with one of the characters from my book, The Wonderful Demise of Benjamin Arnold Guppy, to my blog. I've finished three parts and I'll be posting a fourth soon. Could any of you guys have a look and tell me what you think of giving your characters life outside of the book? I'm planning a radio interview with the same character, and if I can get some volunteers I might even film something brief.

The three parts of the interview are here:

http://dieneighbour.blogspot.com

message 2: by Dee, Group Creator (last edited Feb 05, 2009 08:44AM) (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 673 comments Mod
Hey Gina,

What a stroke of genius to interview Pat.

I just finished "the Grumpy Old Man" book (as I like to call it). Wow, what an emotional ride. Although many parts are funny. It really was very scary in others, especially towards the end.

I checked all the locks on my windows before going to bed after reading about "the sister." Shiver!

Wonderful writing Oh, and great interview with Mrs. Grumpy Old Man ;]

Dee Marie

message 3: by G.R., Mod-Squad (new)

G.R. (grcollia) | 113 comments Mod
You are wonderfully kind Dee :o)

I hope you did manage to get some sleep after reading the 'sister' part. Much of the book is based on real events, and I think that particular part is pretty much a direct retelling of what happened. My sister was incredibly brave... as was her pooch, despite his advancing years.

I'm thinking of doing a radio interview next. If nothing else, these interviews are great fun.

Thanks again for your kind words,

Gina :o)

message 4: by Samie (new)

Samie Foster | 31 comments Love the idea. It's pretty brillant. I have to check out your site. That's a truley really fun way to advertise your books , and also really adds material you really created.

P.S. Maybe you would like my book website at http://www.freewebs.com/lelue/

message 5: by Dee, Group Creator (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 673 comments Mod
Oh Gina...
I just had an idea...I wonder if we, as authors, could interview each other's characters? Oh, oh, I really like this idea...

I get first dibs at interviewing Edward Cullen from Twilight. How fun would that be? To interivew Stephenie Meyers, but do so as if she were her characters?

Hmmm, this could turn into something fun. I wonder if Goodreads has a place to promote something like this?