Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Librarian Notes on Combine page

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Petra thinks dating is, sadly, a waste of time (petra-x) Excuse my density, but I cannot find how to add a note that shows up on the Combine page. I have been working through Henry James' books and there are many with the same title that are quite different and wanted to stop any future auto-combines. Thanks.

Sorry if I missed this info elsewhere (I have checked though) but I'm not around so much these days owing to major family illness.

message 2: by Sherry (last edited Feb 01, 2009 10:13AM) (new)

Sherry (ssaccoliti) | 539 comments Petra X wrote: "Excuse my density, but I cannot find how to add a note that shows up on the Combine page. I have been working through Henry James' books and there are many with the same title that are quite diffe..."

Go to the individual book and edit that book. Then add a librarian note. This should add a note that will appear with the book and in the combine page as well. (There are some under Arthur Conan Doyle as an example.) Hope this helps.

Petra thinks dating is, sadly, a waste of time (petra-x) Thanks very much, Sherry.

I wonder why publishers print books with the same name and different contents?

JG (Introverted Reader) | 478 comments I've noticed you haven't been around much, Petra. I hope everything goes okay for you and your family.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Feb 01, 2009 12:42PM) (new)

rivka | 43570 comments Mod
Petra X wrote: "I wonder why publishers print books with the same name and different contents?"

It's a conspiracy.

Petra thinks dating is, sadly, a waste of time (petra-x) Thanks JG. If you or anyone else knows anything about the prognosis of breast/lung/spine cancer in an otherwise very healthy and active old lady (my mum) I would be so grateful. I'm 5,000 miles from home so I'm out of the information loop.

I know this is an inappropriate posting here, sorry Rivka, I don't mind if you delete it.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

*hug* It's fine.

Best of luck to you and your mum.

JG (Introverted Reader) | 478 comments I don't know anything to tell you, Petra. But you and your mom will be in my thoughts.

message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (ssaccoliti) | 539 comments JG wrote: "I don't know anything to tell you, Petra. But you and your mom will be in my thoughts."

Ditto. Hang in there.

message 11: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 23 comments I added a note in the "change comment" of an individual book and it didn't seem to stick. Was that where I should have put a note for a "Librarian note" that should show up on the combined page? I'm a little confused, too.

thanks.

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

It stuck, but those show only in the log. For Notes that show on the combine page, use the link near the top of the book's edit page, which opens up a gray box.