Mid-Continent Public Library discussion

Free Talk > 6 in 12 Reading Challenge - How many so far?

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 195 comments Mod
How many books have you read so far to complete the challenge? I must admit I only have 3 of the ones I wanted to read finished. Still have my classics to go.

Let us know what you are reading or have read for the 6 in 12 Challenge.

message 2: by Erica (new)

Erica (kcmomto2) | 7 comments Unfortunately, I did not begin keeping my official list until just this month...! Too bad we can't review the entries we add to the library website for the challenge.
So, in August, I read Water for Elephants, two of the four House of Hope novels by Neta Jackson, four of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, The Half-Stitched Amish Quilt Club, and two of the three Nora Roberts Inn Boonsboro Trilogy. (the third comes out in November, and I've already got it on hold with MCPL).
I've started The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards (she wrote The Memory Keeper's Daughter). I didn't get this one from the library, though, so I can't enter it!

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephanieMark) | 1 comments I'm rapidly approaching 100 books from the library plus a lot more free kindle books. I'm a constant reader and can go through a book in a day or two. Plus I listen to audio books while at work. I will admit I have read far more this summer than I normally would. The heat wave gave me a nasty case of insomnia and thus a lot of very late night reading.

message 4: by Dar B (last edited Sep 21, 2012 05:32PM) (new)

Dar B (ruminatingbulls) I have read 30 books this year but a few were my own books that were not available within the library system. I quit entering them after about 18 because I started forgetting which ones I had entered and which ones I had not.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy (amesjo) | 7 comments I can't remember how many I've read towards it, but I'm past the 6. I have SO many books to read here at home, but have put them off so I could read the library books for the contest. :) Only one's that count are the one's you check out from library, right?

message 6: by Dar B (new)

Dar B (ruminatingbulls) That is the way that I understand it, Amy. My point was that I have read others that I could not count towards it.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy (amesjo) | 7 comments Yeah. I'm reading one currently that won't count towards it. I'm going to a book signing and am hoping to get it read by then, or at least partially read. :D