All Things Vampire Academy/Bloodlines discussion

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
This topic is about Vampire Academy
Which Vampire Academy book was your favourite and why ?

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Selda Mert (SeldsTurk) | 2 comments Mod
Your thoughts on Vampire Academy Series

Melissa Miranda (Minamostaza) | 2 comments I LOVE VA. VA was the first book series, and third novel, I've read in my whole life. I found it when I was 16 and I'm now 20, so VA is kind of a big thing for me. Richelle Mead is truly AWESOME. Her characters and storylines are just brilliant. ;)

Prerna | 1 comments To be frank, I loved all the books. Instead of seeing it as separate books , I read 'em all as 'one story' . It won't make sense of me to say which one i like best. :D Rose is one of the reasonS why this series is so awesome :D

Victoria Melendez | 1 comments I love all of the books, but Shadow Kiss is probably my favorite because that is the one that I reread the most!

Nancy Garcia (fancyreads) Damn i dont have one because they were all so freaking amazing. Rose made these books awsome because she is a kickass female character and in my opinion if she wasnt the main character this series wouldnt have been so successful.

Melissa Miranda (Minamostaza) | 2 comments The six books in the VA series are my favorite. Rose is an incredible kick ass character, I wish she was a real person, lol. She's awesome, whatever mistakes she made, I forgive her everything. "Love the sinner, hate the sin."

Selda Mert (SeldsTurk) | 2 comments Mod
I'm going to be a loser and only choose one book LOL. and that's Frostbite <3 only because it enhances the tension in the storyline, ALSO because my baby boy Adrian Ivashkov is introduced in this book
as soon as he said "Hey Little Dhampir" I knew shit was going to get serious lmfao :D

Jordann I would have to say Last Sacrifice because that is when Adrian becomes single.

Haley | 2 comments My favorite is Frostbite <3 There's a whole lot of Mason, a romantic Dimitri, Christian, and we get Adrian. Can you tell I love the men in VA? I want them all! Lol

Jordann Haley wrote: "My favorite is Frostbite <3 There's a whole lot of Mason, a romantic Dimitri, Christian, and we get Adrian. Can you tell I love the men in VA? I want them all! Lol"

There is not a whole lot about Christian in the other books though.

Jordann Haley wrote: "My favorite is Frostbite <3 There's a whole lot of Mason, a romantic Dimitri, Christian, and we get Adrian. Can you tell I love the men in VA? I want them all! Lol"

There is not a whole lot about Christian in the other books though.

Haley | 2 comments That's part of the reason I like Frostbite so much, we actually get to see him. I love his sarcasm, him and Rose are so much alike

Lucija | 1 comments last sacrifice....it has so much action in it, its just fantastic......but I love all of them
Richelle Meaad is such a good writer :))

India Depaz (IndiaDepaz) Prerna wrote: "To be frank, I loved all the books. Instead of seeing it as separate books , I read 'em all as 'one story' . It won't make sense of me to say which one i like best. :D Rose is one of the reasonS wh..."

i agree! i never saw them as seperate books. once i read the whole series, i read all of them over again and it felt like a complete story :)

Mayra (Kaligurl_7) | 1 comments i love them all, it is a great story and im always recomending it to people. but i think my favorite are the last 3, but more so blood promise and last sacrifice. I love rose, and i liked here going off to look for dimitri, it was sad when i realized he was strigoi now :(... and Last Sacifice was awsome, them off looking for a way to help lissa, and Rose and Dimitri reunited. :)

Maryanne | 1 comments I like 5books out of 6 b/c I didn't like how Lisa's became queen and how she was mean to Jill. I just wanted to slap her in the face!?!

Lyndsey | 1 comments In all the series I've ever read, I can easily pick and decipher which is my favorite, for VA this was very different. I loved the story as a whole and found each new book as an extension and continuation of an already wonderful story. There was no lack for me. Every part was Roses journey that Mead disclosed unto us, her faithful readers. But in looking over the series, I would say I love the opening, the very first book that started my love affair with Rose, Dimitri, Lissa, Adrian, Sydney, and all the other wonderful characters: Vampire Academy.

I can read these over and over again, finding myself able to pick Mead's storytelling up and enjoy it as much as I did the first time I read through. This goes for all of her books. If you've read VA I can easily say that most of you haven't wasted a second in following Bloodlines, further proving the talent Richelle Mead wields when it comes to great, supernatural storytelling as well as great female leads. (Obviously her newest series Age if X has a male lead in it, a difference in POV she has been able to pull of spectacularly, and Fiery Heart has also featured Adrian's voice.) I love this woman and recommend all of her series/books. Georgina Kincaid, Eugenie Markham, Rose Hathaway, Sydney Sage, Justin March--plus her Doctor Who fic and countless anthologies--have proven her ability to me and I praise Mead when I get the chance. I know for some people, such stories aren't their cup of tea in the first place, but I so tend to brag regardless. She had inspired me in a variety of different ways, and both through her characters and talent.

When it comes back to Vampire Academy, I must say again my love for all of these books is undoubtedly neck and neck. The first book just holds a tip of nostalgia and the added weight of knowing this was the beginning of a fantastic story. I cringe at telling my friends about it and almost always without fail, having to explain why it isn't Twilight and how it sticks itself so far outside the category Twilight created that VA certainly stands alone both in story, plot, a STRONG. FEMALE. LEAD., character development in general, and writing.

Because let's face it, when you get ahold of a book that has a genuine voice that has a story to be told, and utilize the chops it takes to WRITE it, and write it WELL, the results are staggering.

-lyndz

Donita (xxamethyststarxx) | 2 comments This there not any other places to talk about other books?

Donita (xxamethyststarxx) | 2 comments I loved Silver Shadows. Can't wait until the next book comes out in February.

message 20: by Jami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jami Hi, do you know about the indiegogo crowdfunding to make Frostbite into a movie? The producers managed to secure most of the funds, but needed to hear from the fans. It's the last day of the funding. There was a lot of trouble with advertising. There are some really great perks including getting an emailed digital copy of the movie & a t-shirt, etc. If you can't donate, please try and spread the word. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fr...