Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Adding a book cover... please!

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz Brownlee | 3 comments Hello librarians! I would love my own book here to have its cover on - is it possible to get it uploaded? I can supply the picture, it is also on Amazon.

The book is Animal Magic, Poems on a disappearing world - IRON Press,
ISBN: 0956572537

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Animal-Magic-...

message 2: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments We can not use amazon. Please upload the image to your More Pictures on your profile and let us know. We can download it from there and apply it to the book.

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth (BethJustBeth) | 1586 comments Found the image on WorldCat & uploaded.

message 4: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments Lol. Thanks Beth. I never look there because every book I want to do never has a cover.. stupid comic/manga.

message 5: by Liz (new)

Liz Brownlee | 3 comments Hello! My book is my picture and is already there in my profile - the one uploaded isn't quite right. So I'd be thrilled if one of you have time to change it, thank you! ~Liz

message 6: by lafon حمزة (last edited Aug 30, 2012 03:13AM) (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Liz if you haven't already done so you can claim your author profile here. Also because it was simply a higher resolution image I've changed the covers for you.

message 7: by Liz (new)

Liz Brownlee | 3 comments Thank you so much - after all the troubles we went to getting a photo for the artist and having that picture painted it's nice to have the colour correct! I'll have a look at the author thing when I've finished breakfast - may have overslept a tad this morning. Thank you.

message 8: by Teri (new)

Teri Riggs (teririggs) | 1 comments I also need the cover to my book uploaded, I have an image of it to use that us not from amazon.com.

message 9: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (KAKrisko) | 12 comments I added a book cover to my profile under "more photos" - can I get it attached to my book profile, please? Thanks!

message 10: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments K.A. wrote: "I added a book cover to my profile under "more photos" - can I get it attached to my book profile, please? Thanks!"

Because some idiot who set up this network didn't do it properly I'm having a hard time uploading the cover. URL for the image is http://photo.goodreads.com/photos/134...

message 11: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (KAKrisko) | 12 comments Should I do something different? Thanks...

message 12: by Yossarian (new)

Yossarian (PolymathicMonkey) | 169 comments Looks like it's been added?

message 13: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (KAKrisko) | 12 comments Yup, there 'tis. Thanks much, whoever.

message 14: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments K.A. wrote: "Should I do something different? Thanks..."

No you didn't do anything wrong. It was entirely on my end.

message 15: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 11 comments My book "Missing in Egypt" has a new cover and although both are shown on my author page, the old one is shown as the main picture and the new one as "other edition". How can I change them around please?

message 16: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Unfortunately Rita, librarians have no control over which edition is the one shown. That is entirely decided by how many people have shelved an edition. As more people shelve the new edition it will become the primary.

message 17: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 11 comments Thanks lafon - it seems to have been fixed now. Not too many people are shelving it though!