Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Outlander

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (new)

Allison | 247 comments I see that so many people love the Outlander series. Can someone please explain the love to me? lol I've read about 2/3 of the first book and I just had to put it down. I stopped at a "happy place" because from what I can tell it will just be one tragic moment after another. There is only so much heart wrenching I can take. Thanks! =)

message 2: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Kurucz (jadzea) | 34 comments I just read the outlander series I'm one of the people who love it.read them back to back. I think its the relationship between Jamie and Claire that people love. To have someone you can tell the absolute truth to and know they will still love you. There is a lot of history in the books and life was hard back them. Although I must say I do think of the old proverb may you live in uninteresting times because a lot happens to them but I still can't wait for the next book

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (MLPMomBookReviewer) | 837 comments Mostly it is their love and devotion to each other that is so appealing. Both of them would gladly die for the other and there isn't a whole lot Jamie wouldn't do for Claire (evident in the first book).
Yes they have a lot of hard times but they have a great love too that pulls them through it.

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) for me, its not about the wham bam thank you ma'am of so many other romance novels, but rather the long-enduring, love prevails that many of us hope to one day find - the love that no matter what happens, you know that it will always exist in one form or another

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly For me it's about the romance between them. The ups and downs, the heartbreaking moments and the passion for each other is what captured my heart. For me, it's the perfect romance because it's imperfect. Jamie and Claire are my favourite fictional couple.

Lady of the Lake Allison wrote: "I see that so many people love the Outlander series. Can someone please explain the love to me? lol I've read about 2/3 of the first book and I just had to put it down. I stopped at a "happy pl..."

Years ago when I began Outlander I had high hopes and tried to love it I just didn't feel the thrill of it...so I put it down didn't think much of it... Then quite a while later (months?) I picked it up again...and or whatever reason the stars aligned and it all fell in to place for me and I was glad that I tried again. I didn't like any of the others in series as much as I liked OUTLANDER.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (MLPMomBookReviewer) | 837 comments Outlander was/is definitely the best one in the series and as much as I love the series, it really could have ended quite a few books ago and been just fine.