Books Rule discussion

General Things > What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 160 (160 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

As your moderator, i want to know what you are reading currently. I am reading "the people of sparks". what are you reading?

message 2: by Laurena (new)

Laurena Well, until yesterday, I was reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians book One: The Lightning Thief, and three days ago I finished Marked, and two days before that, I was reading Cross my Heart and Hope to Spy. Today I am reading Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want. I am also reading: Eragon, Inkheart, Twilight, AND, I will soon be starting Wicked2: Spellbound and Legacy. I love books, if you haven't noticed...

message 3: by Laurena (new)

Laurena I also want to finish THE PENDRAGON ADVENTURES soon. I am in a group where you challenge yourself to read one hundred books in a year. So I'm setting a pace for myself, and reading all of the books I wanted to read!

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 07, 2009 04:08PM) (new)

I have noticed but that is good. The percy Jackson series is very good!!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I am about to get the third book in the City of Ember series called "The Prophet of Yonwood". it seems to be very good!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I got the Prophet of Yonwood. It is so good. I am on pg. 50

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading the left behind series, I'd tell you I love you but then I'd have to kill you. I'm rereading twilight. I'm reading Crispin for school and I'm want to read Eragon and the Host. Oh and I'm reading midnight sun.

message 8: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 4 comments Well, I just finished Marked, which is amazing! Best vampyre book ever! I have read the Percy Jackson series. It's good but a little childish and for 9-11 year olds. As I'm 12 I find it a bit immature. But overall it's a good book. I am on chapter four of Double Identity. I finished Romiette and Julio (majorly sucked!) and Copper Sun. I am reading To Kill a Mockingbird and Lord of the Flies. I am also reading the Vampire Beach series. I just finished the second book, Initiation.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished "The Prophet of Yonwood". It was amazing and I could not stop reading it at school!!!

message 10: by Andy (new)

Andy I'm reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Inkheart, The Lord of the Flies, Twilight, and Magyk (Septimus Heap).

Oh, and Laurena, I'm glad you finally decided to read Leven Thumps, and the Eyes of the Want.

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:36AM) (new)

I'm reading A Study in Scarlet, Mobey Dick, The Hard Facts of the Grimms' Fairy Tales, Book Two of the Dragon Series (I can't remember what it's called), and after these I have to reads Twilight (Laurena says I do), Leven Thumps (Andy says I do), The Wicked Books (something like that), Dr. Who Martha's Story, and Watchmen, and much, much, much, much, much more...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I forgot to tell you guys that I an reading "The Cay" for school. I am not reading anything else.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I am reading "The Conch Bearer".

message 14: by Andy (new)

Andy I'm also reading the Percy Jackson series, Romeo and Julliet, and By the way, Masha, TO kill a Mocking bird rocks!

message 15: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 4 comments Yeah, except the reading expirence for me isn't all that fun because my dad only has the $500 edition, so I have to be super careful while reading it.

Oh I also really want to read Full Tilt (the fair version). It sounds really good. I'm also reading The Summer of my German Soldier for school. I like it, but my entire class thinks it's boring.

I'm also reading Shakespeare's Macbeth.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Macbeth. If you don't mind Shakespeare's writing, and fantasy vs. insainity, you will like it.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

PERCY JACKSON RULES ANDY!!!!

message 18: by Andy (new)

Andy I KNOW!! DOESN'T IT!!??

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't wait till the "Last Olympian" comes out!!!!

It comes in May

message 20: by Andy (new)

Andy Really, then Laurena was wrong, she said it comes out in March.

message 21: by Laurena (new)

Laurena Skye, I wanna read your Grimm Brothers book!! Oh, and Masha, I'm 17, and I don't find Percy Jackson immature at all! Maybe it's because I am obsessed with the Greek gods and Myths, and enjoy reading anything and everything about them...but I tend to love the stories that publishing companies label as 9-11, or under 12...like Septimus Heap, and Harry Potter, A Series of Unfortunate Events, and Leven Thumps. By the way Andy...YOU were very mean and told me you didn't understand the ending to the Eyes of the Want, but it was really clear, and then it became clear that you did understand it, it was just your 'clever' idea to get me to read it. You are a meaner!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

As I am getting more into the book, I find the Conch Bearer less interesting. I am going to stop reading that and get "The Diamond of Darkhold." That is the last book in the City of Ember series.

message 23: by Laurena (new)

Laurena I'm reading Wicked 2. I'm on the first book in it, Legacy? I think that's what it is, if not it is Spellbound.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

It's really facinating. I signed it out of the school library, but you can check if they have it at the public library.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Iam not reaing"The Conch Bearer."I am reading "Chasing Vermeer".

message 26: by Laurena (new)

Laurena Skye, what book are you talking about???

message 27: by Laurena (new)

Laurena I can't wait until school starts on Tuesday!!! I've been out for a week, and the library just got the Percy Jackson books! I really want to read the second one!

message 28: by Laurena (new)

Laurena The lightning Thief movie comes out February 12, 2010! I can't wait! Skye, are you coming with me? I know Andy wants to go, and I even convinced Nate! I love Greek Mythology!:)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Sure. And I'm talking about the Hard Facts of the Grimm Fairy Tales book.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok I'm new and I'm reading (brace yourselves) Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, The Tale of Beedle the Bard, Chanda's Wars, The Lord of the Flies and Romeo and Juliet!!

message 31: by Andy (new)

Andy Becca, I know you are reading more books than that!!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I need to go to the movie so badly!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Those are the ones I'm really reading!! There's others that I'm part way through but I just haven't read them in a while!!

message 34: by Andy (new)

Andy OK

message 35: by Laurena (new)

Laurena I GOT PERCY JACKSON 2!!!! I'm already passed page fifty, and I just got it and hour and a half ago!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I am done with "Chasing Vermeer". I could notlet go of that mystery book! I need to get "The Diamond of Darkehold". Oh, and Laurena, by Percy Jackson 2, do you mea the Sea of Monsters?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished The Tales of Beedle the Bard today!!

message 38: by Andy (new)

Andy That is what Laurena meant, yeah.

message 39: by Laurena (new)

Laurena Did you love it Becca?

message 40: by Laurena (new)

Laurena Yeah, I did mean Sea of Monsters, but I figured not everyone would know what I meant if I said that, so I went with Percy Jackson 3.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay. I started the "Diamond of Darkhold". It is cool!!!

message 42: by Andy (new)

Andy Laurena, you meant 2 right... not three?

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes Laurena I LOVED The Tales of Beedle the Bard!!! I loved Dumbledore's comments on the stories!! It was cool to read some stories that where made for wizards!!

message 44: by Andy (new)

Andy I love it too... I really love 'Fountain of Fair Fortune.'

message 45: by Laurena (new)

Laurena I liked that one too!!

message 46: by Andy (new)

Andy Me too!! again...

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too!!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I have never heard of that series!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

It's not a series!! It's just one of the stories in The Tales of Beedle the Bard!!

message 50: by Lori (new)

Lori Walker I'm having the hardest time deciding what to read next. I have about 9 books in mind. Logically, I know I should pick something short because I'm in college and I don't get a lot of free reading time, but I am drawn to longer books.

I've been thinking of:
All the President's Men
The Thorn Birds
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle A Novel
The Witch of Portobello
The Fountainhead
Journals
The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

Does anyone have any thoughts?

« previous 1 3 4