Daily Diary discussion

Fun, fun, fun > Audible.com

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed | 237 comments Mod
I've heard from some that this is a great monthly service to get book downloads, etc. Any thoughts? Do you use it mostly in the car or while exercising, etc?

Melissa Rochelle (melissarochelle) Can't you get downloads from your library's website? I think the library is way better than any service you have to pay for!

message 3: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Tedesco (sylviatedesco) | 2 comments Ed wrote: "I've heard from some that this is a great monthly service to get book downloads, etc. Any thoughts? Do you use it mostly in the car or while exercising, etc?" We enjoy Audible very much. We just buy ten books at one time and use them as we wish. Our library has free books but you have to go into the library, we have trouble setting up our MP3 players for them, it's just easier to use Audible. If we have a problem, they can help. We used to use the books for commuting (singly). Now we use them on walks or when using the treadmill. I listened to all the Palliser and Barchester novels, chuckling away at Mrs. Proudie. Lonesome Dove was good too. Like with Netflix, we love the longer novels and movies to rent or buy.

message 4: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Melissa, our library system uses a downloadable audio service. It's very convenient and they have an extensive list of titles.

You "check them out" for two weeks and at the end of that time they just disappear off your player. You can download them to an iPod or MP3, or to your computer. You can also burn them to CDs.

message 5: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 100 comments I love audible. It is my lifeline. It is very easy to get a book and put it on my IPOD in seconds. Everything is up to date and all the bestsellers, classic literature is all there. My library doesn't have huge selections, I don't have to be put on a waiting list etc. I listen on the way to work, on the plane, exercising and when I am on the beach. And, if I want to re-listen is just download again without a charge. It is so easy and the quality is excellent.

message 6: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Meg, you are one mean, lean reading machine. Your eyes and ears never get a rest, do they? ;)

message 7: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 100 comments It is hard work! LOL