Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

RRR Discussions & Top-Lists > Introduction to RRR Discussion Challenges (DC)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Oh..no..not another challenge!..LOL

Relax..this is more like a filler part between all the reading we are doing.

Every several days, I will pick a Romance theme, post it, and the challenge is: list book/s with author and possibly character if required to meet the criteria. Explain a little why you think that book meets the theme and share your opinion, raves or criticism.

Easy enough?

message 2: by new_user (new)

new_user That sounds pretty cool, actually. That way we if we like a particular theme, we can help each other find it.

message 3: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Yes..it's like an expanded version of if you like this book or author, you will probably like this, too...LOL

message 4: by tosca (new)

tosca (catatonichataholic) | 742 comments Hey and how's that for a readers' advisory tool? Sounds great! My only (possible) regret is that my TBR pile wil grow and grow some more...

message 5: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments LOL...i know...but that is part of the fun...*sighs dreamily* too many books..too little time.

message 6: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments By the way, if anybody has a suggestion for a Discussion Challenge topic, feel free to post it here. Pick a theme or type of books/authors/characters etc that you want to discuss or get more titles for.

message 7: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne sounds good to me Yz::who cares if the TBR shelf grows::the more books the better::

message 8: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I'm doing a revamp to this section of our group. Aside from discussions of certain themes, I'm adding the ability to collect lists.

I love lists, and I'm always curious what will be end up as the most popular one/s, depending on the category.

So..you can post topics like Top 5 Urban Fantasy series...Top 5 Favorite Historical Novels Setting, etc.

Participants simply post their lists. Discussion starter has the option of collating responses and putting up a grand tally, but not required.